“Amazing Property, Terrible Management!”
Review of Island View Inn

Island View Inn
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Rockport
Missouri
“Amazing Property, Terrible Management!”
Reviewed 14 December 2011

My husband and I took our first trip to Maine to consider a move there and explore the entire coast! I found this property online and fell in love and the pictures became reality the moment we got there! HOWEVER, we got there a day later than planned due to a rental car catastrophe that left us stranded in Portland. I was crushed because I was sooo excited about this place and couldn't bear the thought of loosing a day there! I called to notify them that we wouldn't be up that night and they informed me I'd still have to pay for the full night no matter what. I completely understand "policies" but was angered that our cancellation was completely out of our hands and there seemed to be no sense of customer service to accomodate us with at least a reduced rate for our missed night. We asked repeatedly to speak with the owner, but he was conveniently "out" for 3 days. We chose this property because it was not a large hotel chain and would be more personable, however, the management did not give us that cozy inn feel at all! Don't get me wrong, the place is clean and beautiful, but this experience really took away from our being able to enjoy the visit like we wanted to. We called the B&B we were to visit next and when they agreed to cancel our reservation for that night free of charge so we could stay another day at Island View. We decided we'd rather give Innkeepers like that our hard-earned money and proceeded with check-out.

5 Thank Anna F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
rochester, il
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed there late September and had a really good experience. The pictures are exactly what you can expect. great location "tween" places, nice view off the balcony, nice size room at a decent value. Of the five hotels we stayed at during our coastline tour, this was probably the nicest.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank tyrell1905
Bridgeton NJ
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I spent a week at the Island View Inn in Rockport at the beginning of October. The place is spotless and the room was beautifully decorated. It is next door to the Strawberry Hill Inn which is my favorite place to stay in Maine. It was full so I stayed in its sister property next door and wasn't disappointed at all. The view overlooking the cove is terrific and you can follow the path down to the water where there are chairs and an umbrella. I spent a very comfortable afternoon down there just watching the water and reading. The Inn is quiet, my room was lovely and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I will return over and over to either the Island View Inn or the Strawberry Hill Inn. Hint: Reserve early for a fall stay as they get full pretty quick.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room, I had the only room without one. A huge room with a loft and fireplace that...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Carol327
New Brunswick
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We took a trip to Maine this past weekend and stayed at Island View Inn, which was recommended to us, and we are very thankful. The Inn is located in beautiful surroundings at Rockport, which is only a few minutes away from Camden and from Rockland. Its units all overlook the ocean including the bottom floor with its patio. There is a big hill leading to the water but not too big to walk down to it where adirondak chairs await you with their umbrellas. A small red boat sits on the water as a focus for a gorgeous picture. Coffee and tea was available in the lobby. A laundry room is also onsite as well as a heated pool. The rooms are nautical in decor with lots of storage space and a big bathroom with its little plastic "ducky" waiting for your first relaxing bath.

Room Tip: Room 115 and a full moon night would be a bonus.
1 Thank Snowbird21
Marstons Mills, Massachusetts
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This motel sits next to Strawberry Hill Motel for which i did an earlier review. To make it short and sweet you won't have a disappointment with either. Island View Inn also has a perfect setting as it overlooks the bay it also features a wonderful heated edge pool that has a view of the bay in the background. The rooms are clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. The staff is friendly. We would not hesitate recommending it to family or friends and if we are in that area again it we would stay there again.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are going to be good i cannot say that from personal experience but from what...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Den018
Centereach
Reviewed 8 October 2011

What a charming place !! the rooms are decorated so beautifully, very romantic......very clean, comfy bed, a view to die for, balcony, binoculars, great location and reasonably priced ! What else can I say except this was my favorite place on our trip to Maine and I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank NYAnnie13
Hopkinton
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at this beautiful inn. We came upon it last year by accident, and I'm glad we did. This summer we called and asked for the same room again. We stayed on the bottom floor so we had an outdoor patio onto the grass. All the rooms have a deck looking out onto the ocean and a view of an island. Binocculars are included on the desk. The room is spotless and decorated in a nautical theme. Everything is perfect and freshly painted. If I had to find anything wrong, maybe the bed was a little hard, but really I am not complaining. I really enjoyed my two nights at this little inn tucked amongst beautiful gardens and a fantastic view. You could stay right in Camden and spend a whole lot more money, but really? Why would you. Don't hesitate to book a room.

Room Tip: Don't worry, all rooms come with a deck, binocculars and a wonderful view of the ocean. Outside...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bfg11
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
0.1 km away
Glenmoor by the Sea
#2 of 5 in Lincolnville
6.4 km away
The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport

Been to Island View Inn? Share your experiences!