Claddagh Motel & Suites
Island View Inn(Rockport)
  • Free Internet
Trade Winds Inn(Rockland)
View Hotel
All reviewssconestwo bedroom suitecontinental breakfastwonderful hostsplace to staycomfortable bedsfull kitchenclamsclam covemid coast mainenice stayroad noisebar harboralexirishcamdenkitchenette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at the Claddagh Motel for a week at the end of summer with my family and I couldn't have been more impressed. The Claddagh Motel is such a beautiful and unique place to stay. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else in that area. The rooms are so neat, cozy, and comfortable. I loved the continental breakfast every morning. It was so nice starting out each day with a cup of hot Irish tea. The owners, Alex and Siobhan, do such a great job running the place. Its very well up kept and they treat each guest like family. The weather was amazing, especially compared to the heat of Oklahoma. The area around the Claddagh is so scenic and there's so much for visitors to do. This was my second time staying at the Claddagh and I highly recommend it to anyone else who is looking for a place to stay in Mid Coast Maine. The Claddagh Motel is something special that you just can't find anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Our 5th visit to the Claddagh Motel and never dissapointed. The hosts are always gracious and pleasant to us.. We have stayed in the suites, motel, and the Cove. The rooms are clean at all times , Alex & Siobhan are very friendly & hospitable and take great pride in giving nothing but great service and pride of keeping their place clean,good service and that great home feeling. We enjoy staying at our home away from home . George & Diana Murphy

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 910shamrock
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I have stayed at the Claddagh for several summers, one or two weeks at a time. Alex and Siobhan are very friendly and hospitable, and remember me from year to year. My room is always so clean, the pool is great, and the grounds are beautiful. It's obvious they take great pride in their place, and work very hard to keep it all just so! I live in Maine, but there is not a place in the state to stay over that I could recommend more!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My wife and I and a friend stayed at the Claddagh for a 3rd time. Alex put our friends room right next to ours. As before Alex had some more lighthouse info for us. Our rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. We had a nice time talking with the other guests during our continental breakfast,pleanty of food and coffee,juice.It was our 41st anniversary and Alex suggested theHelm restraunt for supper,we did go there and the service and food were great.Alex also suggested that we go to the top of Mt Battie in Camden. We did and the view from up there was awsome and I got some great pictures. So we all loved our stay at the Claddagh with Alex and Siobhan they are great fun people and we will come and stay there again sometime.It is a good area to see lighthouses and the Owl Head Car Museum and the Lighthouse Museum.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view of the inlet behind the motel. There is a pool. The continental breakfast was great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank edsat1998
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I am blown away by all the good reviews after having stayed here. As a tourism professional, I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Pros - location on Route 1 in Rockport, which was about halfway on our roadtrip for the day. The coffee pot was full size.

Cons - I travel a lot and as a travel professional am always given a room upgrade, if available. Although there appeared to be only one other guest during my stay, I was giving the two-bed room I booked, no upgrade. I think it was room 107. I wonder why I wasn't given a nicer room. Window overlooked parking lot. The room and bedding had a musty gramma's attic smell. The bathroom was 1950's with no upgrades or conveniences. This is a big no-no in my book. (Days following on trip I had nicer, less expensive rooms with modernized bathrooms.) Looked like a shower curtain liner had been cut to cover the window. The bathroom door didn't close completely. The lighting was poor.
The Irish theme is carried to extreme in the reception area. The breakfast is not "deluxe" as advertised. The additional scones brought out were still semi-frozen.
Alex was a very talkative man but with his Irish accent was sometimes hard to understand.
I feel the $100 I paid was too much.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
lacks, Owner at Claddagh Motel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

I am very sorry that this guest was not impressed with her accommodation. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction at all times. Our motel is based on an Irish Cottage theme with painted beams,patchwork quilts etc! Our rooms are all shown on our website so what you see is what you get. Our bathrooms are all the original but are very well maintained ,spotlessly clean and very functional. I am so sorry that she got a musty smell off the bed linens. I don't understand this as all sheets are washed daily. We are constantly doing laundry from pillows,mattress pads,comforters etc! I do apologise as I would be very upset if I got a musty smell off the bed linens while staying in a motel. I am baffled though how this happened. This particular room was occupied every night eventhough the motel was quiet at this time ,immediately after Labor Day. As for continental breakfast,we offer a variety of cold foods from bagels, muffins, cereal, fruits etc! The scones we have to special order from a local baker. We order large batches at a time and freeze them. One never knows what the demand will be like from day to day, so for that reason we have a microwave in the breakfast area for guests to use in case they are semi frozen. Our office has a variety of Irish memorabelia,most of which was given to us over the years from guests and staff.We have so many repeat customers that we wouldn't like to offend anyone so we have all their gifts/contributions displayed. Finally,the particular room in question faces out to a grassy area with tables and chairs, separated from the parking lot by a white picket fence and arbors. We appreciate all reviews as we continue to strive to give the best we possibly can.