The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport
Glen Cove Inn & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$114
Island View Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$119
Schooner Bay Motor Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$125
Ledges By the Bay(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$114
Strawberry Hill Seaside Inn(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$107
Claddagh Motel & Suites(Rockport)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
US$289
US$225
Preferred Hotels
Cedar Crest Inn(Camden)(Great Value!)
US$115
Priceline
All reviewsquicheminiature golf coursesitting areaindoor poolking suitethe cottageswaffle stationbeds feelhotel motelsmediocre breakfastdvd player in the roomsmall tvwould definitely stay here againpleasant place to staygas fireplacecomfortable hotelfresh fruit
Reviewed September 2, 2011

I gave three stars only because this place would be perfect for dog owners. From my personal experience as a non-pet owner, I give one star.

Nice country feeling in the lobby, spacious room with fireplace, desk, two TVs, couch, small sink area with a fridge, nice firm bed...I really liked it when I walked in the room. The next morning I got up with full of bites on my body. It never occurred to me they would be flea bites. I couldn't enjoy my next few days due to itchy bites and constantly scratching and applying anti-itching cream. Still, it didn't occur to me they are flea bites from the room. After all, my room wasn't a pet-designated room. (A couple rooms down the hall was and I saw a big dog staying there) Then the following morning, I felt somthing on my leg, and there was a flea on my ankle. I actually caught the thing! It was upsetting - you see one and it means there are more around. I wanted to talk to the owner about this on my way down to breakfast. But then I noticed the housekeeping using the vacuum in the pet-designated room and realized she will use the same vacuum in my room. No wonder! Your room will have dog fleas in this way even if it is not a pet-designated room. It was an oversight in my part that I didn't think through before booking this place. I am prone to bug bites and should not have considered pet-allowed lodgings all toghether.

About breakfast: It's OK. Quiche and pastries are not great. We liked the waffle machine until it started acting funny and only made rubbery undercooked waffles on the third day during our stay. They have bagels, toasts, OJ, coffee and some fruit that you can fill your tummy if you want to save money. The menu is the same everyday.

Kids had fun in the swimming pool but complained the water is murky. There is DVD player in the room and you can bring up DVDs from downstairs to watch in your room. A small playground in the back.

Like I mentioned, a good place to stay with your dog and for those not afraid of bug bites. It wasn't for me.

Room Tip: If staying in the main building, ask for the ones overlooking the grassy lawn in the back of the property.
3  Thank G L
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding being held at the nearby Samoset Resort, I reserved 3 rooms for myself, my brother, my sister and their families.

The Country Inn was more affordable. The w/e we stayed was also the Lobster Festival.

The rates were quite high considering, but it seems all the local properties use the Lobster Festival as an excuse to overcharge.

Lobby is function and sort of "country cute". Pool is off lobby - it seemed busy with locals the entire time I was there.

Room is very big! Clean. extra blankets & pillows in the closet or drawers. Iron & ironing board in closet. Decent flat screen TV.

Separate seating area with 2nd TV. Easily becomes 2nd sleeping area. The room had a ref & microwave.

The decor of the room would have been in keeping for the hotel in Petticoat Junction - trying too hard for "country cute". Basically plaids and flowers till you get sick.

Tight but clean bathroom, but functional. Water is rather soft - so hard to rinse off.

Internet Wi-Fi was weak and intermittent.

Breakfast was standard juices and muffins - not at all impressive. Coffee was ok.

They total messed up the deposit I paid in advance. We added up with 3 rooms for various family members. They applied the nearly $600 deposit to other family members (same last name) instead of giving it back to the person who paid it. Very sloppy book keeping. I had to get the money back by having my brother and sister write me checks. There was not even an apology. This shoddy management is not acceptable. Would make me stay away in the future.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms facing the back seemed to have most usable and private patio / deck
Reviewed September 1, 2011

This is the 2nd time we have stayed here. We needed to book to take shelter from the hurricane, and they fit us in, and allowed us a very liberal cancellation policy due to the weather. Their queen suites have 2 queen beds and a pull-out double sofa in an alcove, along with a minifridge, microwave, and 2 TVs with DVD player. So great the 4 of us can stay in one room for an affordable price. Complimentary breakfast is great--waffles, quiche, muffins, bagels, cereals, juices & coffees until 10am. Great pool, sauna & hot tub. Cookies in the afternoon. Great Maine-made gifts in the lobby also. Very friendly, helpful staff. Rooms have balconies. For couples, try the king fireplace rooms with a sitting area!

Room Tip: 2 queen suites great for families; king fireplace room so romantic for couples!
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I had a very pleasant stay here. No complaints at all. Our room was large and clean with cute cottage-like details. It opened onto a grassy lawn with pretty flowers. It was a convenient location for our activities in both Camden and Rockport (it is right off the main road) and is adjacent to a little mini golf place as well as a mexican restaurant/bar for a late night snack without needing to drive. I accidentally left my hairdryer there and the staff immediately mailed it out to me priority mail at no cost to me. We would stay there again if we visit that area in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
billhahn, Owner at The Country Inn at Camden / Rockport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2011

Several days ago I spent some time responding to issues that had occurred during stays at our Inn. It occurred to me after that it would be appropriate to show my appreciation for those that take the time to write a positive review of their experience with us; we do appreciate your efforts on our behalf which make it rewarding, not just necessary, to make our continued best efforts for our guests. Best to you and travel safely.....

Bill Hahn

Reviewed August 17, 2011

When we eventually found the Inn (our GPS did not acknowledge the road given in the address) we were disappointed to find it a bit frayed (towels), torn (valence on bed) and cracked ( hand basin). The room was a good set up for a family with seperate lounge area, fridge and microwave but WiFi did not work for us. Breakfast was fine, the kids love making waffles but very crowded.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family