Review Highlights
Fun safe challenging

Great crew w focus on safety. Challenges for child to adult. Great fun w zip course. Pro tip. Try... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2018
gwenfrankt
Rockford, Illinois
via mobile
Quite a challenge but great fun

We did the Zipline Tour and Adventure course (mum, dad and 7 yo daughter). We thought it was well... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
stevejl
Saunderton, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews zip line adventure course zipline tour rock wall great adventure second level high ropes safety instructor fear of heights a lot of fun great workout year old son ropes courses fun filled afternoon staff was extremely helpful place is great team building
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Glad we went here because it was fun and challenging at times. Wish there were more ziplines and they dont really tell you about the swing, you have to ask to use it. Not recommended for kids under 10, some of the high ropes are pretty difficult.

Date of experience: August 2012
1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My ten-year-old twins first got hooked on Monkey Trunks at the new Weirs Beach location, where they had so much fun, I upgraded from a one-visit ticket ($49 per person) to a season pass ($149 per person). Somehow $149 for what will be several visits seems like a reasonable price. $49 for a one-shot deal does not make the bargain hunter in me happy. This was their first time at the Saco location. It is indeed a short and easy drive from Orchard Beach, very near route 1. The girls had a great time here as they did on the Weirs Course. I agree with other travelers who were satisfied with the safety equipment and training at both sites, and with the "safety instructors" positioned around the course for aid/assistance and rule compliance. If you are going on a sunny day, bring lots of sunscreen and make sure you and your children put it on and refresh it. There's no shade on the course! Also make sure all monkeys come down periodically to drink water. I am not a monkey myself, so I can't speak to the course itself, but the adults who came down all seemed rosy-cheeked and in good spirits. For those participating, this attraction gets the highest marks. However, for those accompanying the monkeys, who have to sit below and watch, this is not a comfortable way to spend any vacation time. The small shed where you pay and where the participants suit up is not air conditioned. There are few places to sit, most out in the sun, no shade. There was just one vending machine for cold drinks, and it was sold out of everything but water. If you are on a family trip, let the adult who accompanies the children be the one who wants to go up there with them, and if that's not possible, and your children are too young to be left on site alone, bring your own food and drinks and good beach reading, maybe even a camp chair with a sun umbrella, and toilet paper in case the portable toilet runs out. There's a flea market/bazaar of some sort across the street from this attraction, so that might provide some entertainment for those who like shopping. The Weirs location, situationed next to Funsport, could send accompanying parents next door into an air conditined fast food restaurant/cafe, or to a small shady gazebo with a iew of a the course. This may not matter to the climbers, but it mattered to me.

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank Nans82
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I took my 9 year-old daughters to Monkey Trunks yesterday and we had a fabulous time. We were all a little nervous (although I didn't tell them that!) but we felt extremely safe. We were given safety instructions to start and went through a short course right on the ground to get used to the equipment. We were then sent off on our own. We started on the first level which none of us had a problem with. We then went up to the second level which we still could all do. We all had a turn at the swing which was so much fun. At that point, we were exhausted as we had been on the course for over an hour and we took a snack break. Back to the course and we climbed the stairs to the third floor to do the zip line. That was awesome and should not be missed. We climbed back up to the third floor to try some of those courses. They were much harder (although still safe) and we only did three before climbing back down to the swing. My girls both did the swing again and I did the mini-zip line to get down. The girls tried the climbing wall and then we were just exhausted and left. I wish we had brought more food with us. We may have lasted a little longer. This is not cheap; however, it was so much fun and there's really nothing else like it. We would go again another year.

Date of experience: July 2012
1  Thank JenTurieo
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Beautiful weather certainly helps make for a great day out. This is an awesome place for older children on those days when you want something away from the beach and more challenging than an amusement park.
Look for coupons (we had Buy 2, Get 1 Free) because this is an expensive day out ($50 per person and the physical demands of the course means not much more than a 2 hour day out.
Staff are great. Everything is incredibly safe.

Date of experience: June 2012
3  Thank withliberty
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My 12 year old son and I went to Monkey Trunks in Maine after reading a review in the Boston Globe. We had a fantastic time. After a briefing session, which includes a video and hands on instruction, we were left on our own to explor the obstacle courses. The challenges ranged in level from one (easy) to three (impossible for me, but my son did a few). The staff were beyond helpful and knowledgeable. They were always around if we had a question or wanted to ask the easiest way to get through a course. We were there for three hours and my arm muscles are telling me they had quite the workout! The zip lines were fun too. You won't be disappointed at Monkey Trunks in Saco/Old Orchard Beach, Maine.

Date of experience: October 2011