“So much fun!”

Monkey Trunks - Saco
Ranked #1 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Saco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Monkey Trunks offers fun for children, adults and families! Participants begin with ground school and receive safety instructions on how to navigate through the course. They then move on to the green course to demonstrate they have the ability to properly use their equipment. After completing these two stages, participants will progress through the levels - each level becomes progressively more challenging! Monkey Trunks courses feature ziplines, swinging beams, tightropes, rolling logs, hanging tires, cargo nets and more! Each Monkey Trunks location includes a children's course for the littlest of monkeys, with platforms no more than 6' off the ground. The children's courses include 6-8 challenges with an 80' zipline at the finish. Reservations are encouraged and can be made anytime online or by phone.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Not only was the staff extremely helpful, they were inspiring, motivating and just GREAT! My 8 and 9 year old girls had the most incredible experience! The challenges were difficult enough to get my blood pounding, and the swing...I didn't do it, but both girls did, as did my friend. They loved it, but be advised, it is a bungee drop, and you will shake, rattle and roll!!! Amazing time. We can't wait to go back!
Couple of tips...make sure to use the restrooms before arriving--they only have port a potties.
Bring water with you--they only have bottles available for purchase.
Make sure to wear sneakers.
Leggings or jeans may help-you are climbing!
Wear sunscreen! You are fully exposed.

3  Thank WeLv2Ski
"great workout"
"rock climbing wall"
"mother daughter"
in 2 reviews
"staff were very helpful"
"high ropes"
in 4 reviews
"kids and adults"
"can't wait to go back"

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Glad we went here because it was fun and challenging at times. Wish there were more ziplines and they dont really tell you about the swing, you have to ask to use it. Not recommended for kids under 10, some of the high ropes are pretty difficult.

1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My ten-year-old twins first got hooked on Monkey Trunks at the new Weirs Beach location, where they had so much fun, I upgraded from a one-visit ticket ($49 per person) to a season pass ($149 per person). Somehow $149 for what will be several visits seems like a reasonable price. $49 for a one-shot deal does not make the bargain hunter in me happy. This was their first time at the Saco location. It is indeed a short and easy drive from Orchard Beach, very near route 1. The girls had a great time here as they did on the Weirs Course. I agree with other travelers who were satisfied with the safety equipment and training at both sites, and with the "safety instructors" positioned around the course for aid/assistance and rule compliance. If you are going on a sunny day, bring lots of sunscreen and make sure you and your children put it on and refresh it. There's no shade on the course! Also make sure all monkeys come down periodically to drink water. I am not a monkey myself, so I can't speak to the course itself, but the adults who came down all seemed rosy-cheeked and in good spirits. For those participating, this attraction gets the highest marks. However, for those accompanying the monkeys, who have to sit below and watch, this is not a comfortable way to spend any vacation time. The small shed where you pay and where the participants suit up is not air conditioned. There are few places to sit, most out in the sun, no shade. There was just one vending machine for cold drinks, and it was sold out of everything but water. If you are on a family trip, let the adult who accompanies the children be the one who wants to go up there with them, and if that's not possible, and your children are too young to be left on site alone, bring your own food and drinks and good beach reading, maybe even a camp chair with a sun umbrella, and toilet paper in case the portable toilet runs out. There's a flea market/bazaar of some sort across the street from this attraction, so that might provide some entertainment for those who like shopping. The Weirs location, situationed next to Funsport, could send accompanying parents next door into an air conditined fast food restaurant/cafe, or to a small shady gazebo with a iew of a the course. This may not matter to the climbers, but it mattered to me.

1  Thank Nans82
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I took my 9 year-old daughters to Monkey Trunks yesterday and we had a fabulous time. We were all a little nervous (although I didn't tell them that!) but we felt extremely safe. We were given safety instructions to start and went through a short course right on the ground to get used to the equipment. We were then sent off on our own. We started on the first level which none of us had a problem with. We then went up to the second level which we still could all do. We all had a turn at the swing which was so much fun. At that point, we were exhausted as we had been on the course for over an hour and we took a snack break. Back to the course and we climbed the stairs to the third floor to do the zip line. That was awesome and should not be missed. We climbed back up to the third floor to try some of those courses. They were much harder (although still safe) and we only did three before climbing back down to the swing. My girls both did the swing again and I did the mini-zip line to get down. The girls tried the climbing wall and then we were just exhausted and left. I wish we had brought more food with us. We may have lasted a little longer. This is not cheap; however, it was so much fun and there's really nothing else like it. We would go again another year.

1  Thank JenTurieo