All reviews hotel staff room was clean kitchen area front desk staff would stay again short drive a great stay full kitchen gary kitchenette amenities portland mall housekeeping
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights as a getaway and pretty impressed with it. Front desk was awesome and we even left them Krispy Kreme donuts when we checked out. Room was great with a kitchenette and was very quiet.
The free WiFi was really sketchy off and on and cell service was poor but nothing too major.
My only suggestion would be if they expect the guests to wash dishes they should leave dish soap and stuff in the room. We thought housekeeping would do it but came back to a sink of dirty dishes.
My only “complaints” would just be improve the WiFi and maybe housekeeping does the dishes in the sink. We will return though!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Cory, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Extended Stay America. We’re glad to know you found us to be of a fair price and that the service provided by our staff met all your expectations. However, we regret the inconvenience you encountered while you were here. Please know to respect the privacy of our guests our housekeeping is done on a weekly basis. We’re sorry if this was not explained to you at the time of your arrival. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you soon again.

Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

Ally at the front desk was amazing - Friendly, efficient, and very helpful with local information!! The room was standard Extended Stay, with a decent bathroom, kitchen, and work areas. It was a good deal for the price and I felt very safe as a solo traveler. Would stay there again in a heartbeat as it is a great deal and is close to shopping and food options.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2018

Allie, thanks for choosing Extended Stay America and rewarding us with such a review. We are thrilled to know our excellent service made your stay a memorable one that you felt you got a good deal by choosing to stay with us. On behalf of everyone here, we invite you to enjoy the same on a future date.

Hotel Management.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

We booked the one bedroom suite which is no different than their other rooms...just bigger. Room was very dark and smelled horrible. In fact the whole hotel smelled. We did not stay. We were able to find a different hotel in the area. The front desk girl was very understanding and we had no difficulty receiving a refund.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2018

Clarise, we appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We apologize for odor issue you had in your room and regret the inconvenience it caused. We have asked our housekeeping staff to make sure this room receives a deep clean to remove the smell. Please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you all with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Checked in expecting to be able to work from my room for a couple of days while floors being refinished in my house. Initially Wifi speed was fine - then it seems the more data I downloaded or uploaded, the slower the connection became - even at 3am during a late night trouble call.

The next morning the same thing - early on speeds are fine. The more work I did the slower it got. No data streaming of any kind - just emails, etc.

Signal strength shows "excellent" and speed shows 117 Mbps...that must be between my pc and the wireless router since from there it won't even let me run a speed check on the internet.

Thankfully only here for 2 days and only here because it is pet friendly since I needed to take my dog..otherwise I'd be anywhere else with business class Wifi. This certainly isn't.

Room Tip: No real views here...sort of in a business park.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased you were impressed with our pet-friendly policy, but we are sorry for the issues you experienced with the internet speed. We truly regret the inconvenience you had and have shared your concerns with our service provider for quick review and actions. Please visit us again so that we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Pros: staff are friendly, hotel was clean
Cons: Bedbugs and heavy doors that make it hard for people with disabilities.
After I fell asleep, my wife saw a bed bug on her pillow. The night clerk was great but that does not mitigate the situation. I have an amputated leg, so it was a major inconvenience to move rooms in the middle of the night. We are getting a refund and received money to dry our clothes to kill any hitchhikers. Also, We moved from a room with a roll in shower to one with a bench in tub, which I cannot use to shower safely. The doors are heavy and close automatically, making it difficult to safely get in and out of the bathroom when I’m hopping with my walker. Until you can verify the bed bug situation is resolved, so not stay here. I’m making a report to town officials today so hope it’ll be taken care of soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay B
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2018

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We apologize for the unpleasant experience. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, We assure you that what you experienced is not acceptable, and we will take immediate action to identify why we failed so we can prevent these issues from occurring again. Please do not hesitate to contact our general manager directly if you would like to discuss this matter in more detail. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope you will consider staying with us again.