All reviews front desk shuttle service rizwan marfani crackers room was clean maine mall outdoor pool yogurt the breakfast area free breakfast the general manager free shuttle pleasant stay off the highway scrambled eggs convenient location stayed here for one night
Reviewed August 25, 2018

My wife and I recently spent five nights at this facility in Scarborough, Maine. The positives in our lengthy stay was the friendly staff and the relatively clean rooms and the quietness at night.The room was comfortable but small. However the Bathroom was a surprise when it was so very tiny on shelf space to the extent if you brought your toiletries in they could fall directly in the toilet. I spoke to Management about this but find this is true of all rooms. The facility is old and with 116 rooms there is simply no place to expand. The receptionist area is also very small with no privacy at the front desk.During our stay the pool is so the noisy since the Maine Turnpike(I-95) borders the facility.On two occasions the morning Breakfast ran out of juice and on the other had no Bread Products and had to be thawed out by staff. This facility might be most adequate for an overnight stay but i certainly can't recommend it for an extended stay. I have enclosed a photo of the very tiny Bathroom shelf space.

Room Tip: Try too stay on the front side to avoid I-95 noise.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We were here 2 nights. The location is convenient to the highways and in our case, friends. The rooms are nice and big and the free breakfast is great. I want to acknowledge the food service worker, Susan. There was a large criwd in the dining room and she was alone in the kitchen and kept up with all the sticking fir the breakfast. We would definitely come back here.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Hotel is well-located near Maine mall and other shopping. Outdoor pool is a nice feature (although water looked pretty murky when we were there), and free breakfast is also great. Only one complaint, but an important one -- the mattresses in our room were very uncomfortable (far too soft, leading to uncomfortable sinking, and with the lighter person rolling towards the heavier person on the bed). A poor sleep was had by all. Considering the very high price that we paid for the room (peak season rate), this was disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with newer mattresses.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Abby0112
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is conveniently located near a shopping mall, a supermarket and several stores and restaurants. You need a car though. The staff is nice and the pool is not bad. Unfortunately the room is small and the bath ridiculously tiny. Microwave and fridge are convenient. Overall an average experience for my family.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nathalie P
Reviewed August 3, 2018

My mother and I had to travel to Portland last minute due to a family emergency. The staff at this hotel are just wonderful. So kind. Have gone out of their way to make us comfortable during this difficult time.

In addition to the accommodating staff, the hotel is clean, beds are comfortable, and breakfast is great.

Shout out to everyone here, especially, Lisa Holly.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family