See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I have been fortunate enough to stay at the Carriage House Inn a number of times and I am never dissapointed. Marcia is a wonderful hostess with an amazing knowledge of the area. She was able to reccomend things to do and places to eat. The view from the Inn is beyond compare, looking out at the ocean in the morning was beautiful, and then enjoying a great homecooked breakfast just put it over the top. There is a wonderful history to the Carriage House Inn and the town of Searsport and Marcia is happy to share all she knows. I will continue to stay there whenever I visit the great state of Maine.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cookiegrimilkin
Reviewed October 3, 2007

This was without a doubt one of the nicest B&B's we've ever stayed at. Marcia was wonderful, helped us with meal reservations, excursion advice, you name it.
The meals were superb, Marcia stuffs her guests and the food was great.
We had the run of the house, nice comfy room with books in the main hallway for relaxed reading and a TV room for the news, nice dining room. This really felt like home, it was great!!
Our room was huge, we had great water views. The entire place sparkled, and Marcia's attention to detail was second to none.
The yard is huge, very nice lawn to sit on and a nice porch to share a glass of wine.
We saw a lot of B&B's on the Maine Seacoast, not one did we like as much as we did the Carriage House. We're already planning our next trip there, and will stay longer.
The location is perfect, right in the mid-Coast area so it was a great starting point each day.
This is how all B&B's should be run and operated.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 15, 2007

As frequent travellers, my husband and I often stay in Bed and Breakfasts. Our stay at The Carriage House was fabulous. Marcia Markwardt, the owner of the B&B, was the most gracious host. The room was lovely and impeccably clean. The breakfast was delicious. The inn is gorgeous witha great view. I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: July 2007