“Delicious Seafood!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped here for lunch after visiting a local museum. The waitress was friendly and very helpful. We chose the lobster roll with onion rings (outstanding!) and the haddock and sea scallops (great). If we lived in the area we would visit often.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

The outside may not appear elegant, just an old fashioned roadside family restaurant. But there is plenty of seating, an extensive menu featuring (but not solely made up of ) seafood at reasonable prices. We enjoyed a blueberry martini, boiled lobster dinner, and a Penobscot Bay tradition, "Finnan Haddy". Side choices included fresh, local, steamed green beans, maple-sweetened butternut squash, garlic mashed potatoes, Cole slaw, on and on. Also an extensive dessert menu. What a gem of a friendly spot for a meal with local flavor. The staff are also friendly, attentive, and prompt.

Reviewed September 2, 2018

So I walk in and stand around next to the "Please Wait to be Seated" sign and nobody sees me for a while. Then one of the staff asks if I need something. "Yes, I am waiting to be seated." So he goes off to clear a table. Meanwhile, another single comes in and they give him the table that was just cleared for me. After I protest, they give me another table. The food was good, very good, and then I wait. and wait. and wait, while other customers are being taken care of. When the wiat person finally notices me (I am wearing red, for Pete's sake) she asks about dessert. They don't have the one thing that interests me. For probably the only time in my adult life, I don't leave a tip.

Amy N, Manager at Anglers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Hello Bob. I was very disappointed to hear about your visit Sunday night. What you experienced is definitely not our “norm” and for that I must apologize. Unfortunately, we were unexpectedly short handed. I was glad to hear your food was very good, that was kind of you to say after experiencing poor service. I understand you are from away, however if you are ever back in the neighborhood I hope you will give us another chance to make it up to you. Thank you for your review, we take every one as a learning opportunity. I hope to see you again.

Travis Hurd
Manager

Reviewed September 2, 2018

A fine fish chowder and a great lobster salad with plenty of lobster chunks to enjoy. What more can you want from a Maine restaurant...friendly servers, too.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

My wife and I both had good dinners during our time in Searsport, Maine on vacation. The price was a little on the high side, but not too far out of line. Overall would recommend.

1  Thank RickWV