See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I stayed her with our 3 month old on our way up to Quebec City. It was perfect for our needs - and so amazingly clean (a huge concern with a little one) that I have emailed Joyce to ask her how in the world she keeps things so clean. Joyce is friendly and sweet. We had no idea the Skowhegan Fair was in town and decided to drive back this way instead of through the White Mountains (where similar hotels go for $150/night). Incredible value for $55 - $65 / night. Only downside is that the WIFI was not working, but seemed to be a simple matter of Joyce needing to reset the router.

This is a basic motel - don't expect this to be a Holiday Inn Express - you can head to Waterville for those types of accommodations. But with a spotless bathroom, fridge, microwave, and loads of cable channels this is a perfect stop in rural Maine. Surprisingly well insulated walls - we didn't hear a single person despite the hotel being fully booked and log trucks driving 45 MPH down the road in the middle of the night.

We appreciate wonderful family owned motels in New England like these that make it possible for our family to take trips that we may otherwise not be able to afford.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I were in Maine for a week to visit our land and stayed at the Whispering Pines Motel for a few days. This is perhaps one of the best motels I have ever stayed in and I have traveled to several different states staying in many "mom & pop" motels. The price was reasonable and it was easy to make a reservation. The owners were very nice even before we met and once we were there, we were treated like long lost family. The room was cleaned and put together everyday. The place was quiet and only a short drive into Skowhegan. It's a great place, I'd highly recommend it, and if we need a room in the area we'd stay there again.

Date of stay: May 2014
2  Thank J M
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stopped here for one night on our way from New Brunswick to Vermont. Received a very friendly welcome from the owner. The room was cozy and very clean. We had a long drive that day so didn't bother to go out to eat in the evening so can't comment on local restaurants. The motel faces on to the road but the traffic noise didn't bother us. Good value for money and would stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: September 2013
1  Thank lucy4414
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We spent one night here and were quite pleased with the accommodations. True, this motel is on the road, but somehow the sound of the traffic did not bother us at all. The setting is pleasant, and the facility is in good condition. The owners are very friendly and clearly take pride in their establishment. Everything was spotless. Moreover, the price is certainly right! All in all, if you are passing through this part of Maine. you would do well to stay here.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank marianc95
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed here twice and would recommend highly. The owners were wonderful and you can tell they take pride in their establishment. Our room was extremely clean and very comfortable, and decorated with little homey touches that really just make you feel like you're staying with a favorite aunt & uncle. I enjoyed my stays here. If you prefer a quiet room to a big, noisy motel, choose Whispering Pines.

Date of stay: September 2012