“Mmmmmmmm!”
Review of The Bankery

The Bankery
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Skowhegan
Description: The Bankery, located in the old 1864 bank building on Water Street in Skowhegan, ME, is a traditional, from-scratch bakery. We use only high quality, all natural ingredients and specialize in wedding cakes, occasion cakes, and fine baked goods including breads, pies, and pastries. The owners preserved the personality of the original bank, restoring the vaults and displaying antique advertisements, safety deposit boxes, photos, and other nostalgic memorabilia. When visiting Historic Downtown Skowhegan, we invite you to stop by and see what The Bankery has to offer
Reviewed February 17, 2017

Bacon, egg, and cheese croissants for breakfast, fabulous seafood chowder for lunch, and take home a turkey pot pie for dinner! This place has it all. Owned by a great family, this place is where to be for all things great to eat. The cakes made for special occasions are stupendous! The baker will meet with you before your event to make sure everything is the way you expect it to be. The lemon cake with raspberry filling is one of my favorites! Have a sweettooth? Coconut Macaroons, dipped in chocolate - need I say more??

Reviewed January 18, 2017 via mobile

For homemade fresh banked pastries abs desserts it doesn't get better then this. Small home town feel, wonderful people and delicious food.

Reviewed December 29, 2016 via mobile

Best bakery around!### love this place..staff is very warm.and pastries are out of this world, definitely a must stop by place..

Reviewed September 12, 2016

This place has so many things going for it. The pastry and baked goods are exceptional to the point where one wonders how and why in such a small town? We encountered this café/bakery, eponymously set in a once important, elegant bank, as we were coming down from the Maritimes. Not only were we starved for quality breads and baked goods but also stunned by the uber-high Canadian prices we'd suffered under all summer. At the Bankery, we couldn't believe the feast set before us (well, set in a case that is) and the low prices for such beautiful creative items. For our breakfast splurge my husband and I split a cinnamon bun that had been rolled in cinnamon-sugar. It sounds ridiculously sweet but the sweetness was tempered by a buttery dough. We purchased great food to go--a spinach-feta croissant, a spicecake-type muffin, a tiny wedding--ish cake made for two. The coffee was excellent too. There seems to be a huge staff working at producing both sweet and savory foods and no shortage there of folks happy to answer all sorts of questions. When I asked about the tourtiere one of the bakers (they all seemed either to be apprentices in the formal sense or professional pastry chefs) he told us of his family's tradition around this Quebecois specialty. It is simply a terrific place for a stop and I highly recommend that if you're to be on the road for a stretch of time afterward, bring a cooler to stock up on your way home.

Reviewed August 18, 2016

I've been going to The Bankery since they opened. I've ordered desserts for parties, bring my family from out of town, and stop by sometimes just for a cupcake for myself. I've been pleased with everything that I've purchased. I recently ordered a Tri-berry pie for a special lunch for my sisters and they loved! The pie crust is excellent!
My daughter each year for my birthday orders me flowers and my favorite cookies and has them delivered to my work, its so great!
One thing I would say of recent that I'm noticing some of the products have gotten smaller and some have less nuts, cranberries, or cookie chips. Having shopped there since they opened it is just my observation.