“A river runs by it”

Evergreens Campground and Cabins
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solon
Evergreens Campground and Cabins
Reviewed 20 August 2011

If cleanliness is next to Godliness then this place is knocking on heaven's door. I don't think I have ever stayed in a cabin that was so neat and inviting. I mean, you could have literally eaten off the floors. Maybe you think I am a little carried away with this, but having a place that is CLEAN is one of my main criteria. In addition, the beds were very comfortable, which can't be said of all camp beds, I can assure you. The location is wonderful, too. Right on the Kennebec River (and I mean RIGHT on the river---you can throw a stone from your cabin to the water). The fishing was great (brook trout), and we saw a bald eagle cruising around looking for his dinner. Good boat launch for our drift boat. On the weekends there is a restaurant, but we were there during the week, so didn't get to try it. Not all the cabins have kitchens (a couple do, however), but there are picnic tables, and we put our grill out and cooked on ours.. In addition, all the cabins have a firepit for roasting hotdogs on a stick, etc.. Also fun to build a fire and sit around talking in the evenings, listining to the river run by. They sell firewood at the office. If you don't feel like cooking outside, the town of Solon has a little grocery with a great deli--all kinds of sandwiches and pizza,. Actually, it is a very well stocked store with prices comparable to the larger groceries in Skowhegan. Solon also has a fine sporting goods shop for purchasing fishing supplies (fishing on the this section of the river is by artificial lures and flies only). There is also a campground at the Evergreens which we checked out while we were there. Some sites are right on the banks of the river, some are more in the woods, but they all looked OK, and the campground appeared to be well kept and clean, too. They accept dogs in both the campground and the cabins for a small fee, also important to us as we like to take our Jack Russell Terrier with us when we travel. This place is really a little gem, and if you like the great outdoors, I am betting you will find the Evergreens will meet all your needs. We look forward to returning soon for some good fall fishing..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Augusta_MEJRTlover

Also consider these accommodations in or near Solon
12.3 km away
30.7 km away
Canaan Motel
Canaan Motel
#1 of 1 in Canaan

Been to Evergreens Campground and Cabins? Share your experiences!