1,529 results
All reviews massage chair the outdoor heated pool hot tub year round attached restaurant restaurant next door great pool room was clean free breakfast downtown portland waffles new england king room easy access would stay here again cookies staff was friendly
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Every time I visit Portland, ME I stay at the Best Western Merry Manor Inn. It's affordable, clean, refurbished and staff is very friendly. The restaurant next door, I cannot say too much about. I had some lobster bisque from there one night and it was like water. So, I would not recommend that place. fyi

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We are so flattered that you continue to choose the Merry Manor Inn as your preferred Portland-area hotel! I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the lobster bisque, and I hope you will give the Maine Table another chance to impress you. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm a truck driver, and my work puts the drivers up in this hotel. I don't have a choice in where I stay, but if I did- I'd still stay here. Great staff, clean nice rooms, great breakfast. I plan on staying here with my family in the future.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind words! It means a lot to us to know that we would be your hotel of choice in the area, and we all look forward to the day that you bring your family along with you. We look forward to your next visit!

Take care,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed at the best western for two days. The rooms are large, bathroom with 2 sinks, a plus. No restaurants close by therefore it forces you either eat at their awful resturant or drive elsewhere. I ate at the resturant and no could cook a meal that was decent. How can you mess up shrimp scampi? Read a recipe book. The resturant mgr. removed it from the bill. Grill Brussels spouts again , how does one mess this up for7.00 usd? They did. The breakfast buffet is very good. The staff was efficient and helpful. I would return for the service and the bedroom. There is a swimming pool. Coffee and cookies served in the lobby.

Room Tip: Most are good, if eating at hotel; a carry out from a restaurant in the city if eating at the hotel.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the food at the restaurant, and I'm glad that the restaurant manager addressed and resolved the issue. I'm also happy to know that the rest of the stay was enjoyable.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We booked room for the first time via trip advisor for labour day weekend and got room on ground floor at the back of building that you entered via parking lot. Think of converting your garage into bedroom and no were close to pictures advertised. We were told that there is difference between rooms booked via BW and trip advisor. Room had musty smell and we could not stay in there. We requested manager to change our room but were told rooms are full. After couple hours of suffocation, we called trip advisor and they helped get us room in main building. Hotel manager told me that she did favor this time but will not be able to help on other occasions. According to her, It was Tripadvisor that should have displayed proper description of room. Not a good experience though Tripadvisor agent was helpful when i called.

Room Tip: make sure you are booking room that is part of main structure.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Rex Y, Guest Services at Best Western Merry Manor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the 3rd party booking, and next time please contact us directly so that we can have better communication in terms of what room type you are reserving. Our property has a lot to offer, and it sounds like you did not get the chance to enjoy it as much as we would have hoped. I hope you will come back and give us the opportunity to provide a better experience for you.

Reviewed September 3, 2018

Pros: Accommodations were comfortable, the room was quite large for hotel room. The complimentary self service buffet style breakfast was good, with large selection of foods: eggs, both omelet and scrambled, bacon and sausages, beans, fresh fruit, yogurts, make your own waffle station, variety of breads and cereals, selection of juices, as well as teas and coffees. Lobby welcoming with complimentary coffee and chocolate chip cookies! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Daily excellent housekeeping (thanks to young intern students, swimming pool, ATM, Fitness center, Free Wi-fi, free parking.

Cons: Not very close to downtown Portland (6 Mile, 12 Mins away driving). Interior of hotel kind of labyrinth of hallways, There is a safe box in the rooms but in some rooms they are not fixed properly, easily could be taken out carried in a small bag!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thanks so much for all of your detailed feedback. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the breakfast, the staff, and all of our other amenities. I'm sorry if the location was not as convenient as you would have liked, but the upside to not being right in Portland is the lower rates. Thank you for letting us know about the safes in the rooms so that we can address that issue right away. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!