All reviews room was clean front desk wifi works great standard free breakfast living area and the bedroom nice large room room was a bit small fair value old orchard beach shelf space yogurt catch an early flight ten minute drive maine coast water pressure the ground floor good nights sleep
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

A recent long weekend in Portland for a convention of Jehovah's witnesses. We selected Quality Inn as we are a choice privileges member and have been to many, many, many of their various hotels all over the country. This hotel is an older building. The service was friendly and courteous. The room was CLEAN, and KEPT CLEAN by housekeeping staff. It was greatly appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Usonian64
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Quality Inn and Suites. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and are grateful for the positive feedback!

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Overall I was disappointed with our stay in this hotel, as it was different than what I was expecting from the website and reviews. It was quite outdated and dingy! It was musty and everything creeked when you stepped on it or turned it on. While I would say it was clean in terms of the day to day cleaning the staff does, it had a dirty feel because of the condition of things like the carpet, tub, etc. You can only clean things like that so much before they just have to be upgraded. The only way I can describe it as is dingy, not necessarily dirty.

It was reasonably priced and included free breakfast and WiFi, which is why we often choose to stay at Choice Hotels. The staff was friendly and the bed was comfortable but we likely wouldn’t stay here again because of how grimy it felt.

Trip type: Travelled with family
CDoris M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Dear KLM521,

I am so sorry you were not satisfied with your stay.

Our levels of cleanliness and room condition received very high scores (95%) after our most recent brand inspection in February of this year.

We are a value and quality hotel, ideal for families and couples travelling on a budget who still want to enjoy clean rooms, free hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi and the friendliest service around.

We strive for perfection but sometimes we miss the mark. Again, please accept my apology for not meeting expectations.

Regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2018

We got such a lovely welcome from Chantika when we arrived at night all stressed out. We had a long drive with a sick dog who we were taking to the Emergency Vet Hospital in Scarborough. I mentioned this to Chantika and she immediately changed us to a ground-floor room that was a bit larger -- I didn't even ask her to do that. Breakfast in a shining-clean breakfast room, friendly Tajae helping us out. What more do you need in a hotel -- clean, friendly, accessible, reasonably-priced. (I can't believe what some reviewers complain about! The Wifi is fine, I'm using it right now. Sink in an alcove, so what.) Oh wait, this just in....no hot water in the shower. Please fix this, guys! Room 302

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you had such a great experience but are truly sorry about your hot water! We have passed this issue along to our GM. We appreciate all the honest feedback!

Reviewed April 30, 2018 via mobile

Anything I needed the front desk took care of. I stayed here in February. Chiara has always been super friendly and very helpful. We were here campaigning in the area and she was always here to talk to us about our day. When the laundry went out, they got my clothes washed. When I came back the second time to visit and lost my necklace, front desk went in with me to check my last room. These guys rock, and if I ever come back to Portland, ME I will always come here.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you had such a great experience with our staff! We appreciate all the honest and positive feedback!

Reviewed April 5, 2018

We stayed here when I had a hospital appointment in December, and they were so great that we decided to stay again for my April appointment. Everyone welcomed us back, and once again, went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one.

It's nice to have a hotel to stay at when you are visiting the hospital, that tries so hard to make things pleasant for you, and this one does!

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CDoris M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2018

Dear Katherine L,

We love greeting return guests and especially enjoy making your stay as comfortable as possible after a doctor's appointment!

With so many choices in the area, we appreciate you choosing us.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Chiara moriconi