“Yummy Tom!”

Ranked #21 of 155 Restaurants in South Portland
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2018

My Tom Yum was Yummy so we'll come back! The place isn't quaint, but it s a nice sit down restaurant. The make your own bowl of soup option was great for me and the liquor prices were reasonable as well. Our server, Enoki, checked up on us and did well. Good Thai.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

My daughters and I had a delicious dinner this evening!!! We started with the curry puffs and mini veggie dumplings - both terrific. They even gave us a side of the peanut sauce I wanted to try! I had the cashew and pineapple with chicken, one daughter had the pad thai and the other had soy chicken with vegetables. All were fabulous!!! Water was filled continuously and the wine was also good! Service was perfect and the atmosphere was casual yet classy. We will go again for sure!

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We've cherished eating at Poms Thai Restaurant in South Portland ever since it opened a number of years ago. It has been our "go to" Thai place for years. This past week when we stopped there for lunch, we were shocked about how the quality of the meals had deteriorated. Was it a trend with a change in kitchen staff? Or, was it an off day? Our noodle dishes arrived we found them to be nearly inedible. The sesame noodle entree was very oily. In contrast, the Pad Thai dish was sauced wrong. Instead of a sauce in which the flavor was a balance of sweet and sour, the saucing was a one note of fish sauce. When this was pointed out to our waiter, who took forever to return and check on the quality of the meal, she insisted that this is the way the dish is always prepared. If we hadn't eaten here on numerous past occassions, I could chalk it up to the way in which the dish is prepared at this establishment. But, having eaten here only a month prior to this visit, and ordering the same dish, I knew better. It's a shame that a poorly prepared dish can be justified as normal when, in fact, its preparation was anything but abnormal.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were greeted warmly and were taken care of throughout the meal. We ordered a potsticker appetizer that was quite good. A few minutes after we finished that our meals arrived. My wife ordered cashew chicken and I ordered the crispy duck with ginger sauce. My wife was really pleased with her dish commenting about fresh everything in her dish tasted. The crispy duck dish was incredibly good and plentiful. It came with brown rice that I mixed in with the sauce. They matched well. The vegetables (onions, scallions, red peppers and mushrooms were prepared perfectly, soft enough to chew easily but holding on to just enough firmness to retain flavor, texture and visual appeal. The duck meat was delicious and bountiful. There was just enough fat left on the meat to enhance flavor and help maintain the juicy quality of the dish. Everything was great and this was the first Thai dish I really enjoyed and would order again...hopefully soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

Took my daughter out for Thai food. Well, the service started out good. The three in my party besides me seem to like what they ordered. I ordered chicken fried rice as my main dish, $13.95
The first few bites were good, then I put one of the larger pieces of chicken in my mouth, it came right back out! It was bad, gone by. I did eat the rice around the chicken. I had ordered an ice tea which never did get a refill, never asked. All in all 3 out of 4 isn't bad.