1,599 results
All reviews room was clean maine mall continental breakfast waffles would stay again staff was friendly hot tub easy access nice stay indoor pool chillies shopping shuttle interstate
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

We were already placed in a room that we had booked it was a king room. We had previously called to let them know we would be bringing a pet they noted it and said that they would put it in our reservation. After already being placed in our king room and settled in we got a less then friendly phone call saying we tried to sneak the dog in and that we needed to move rooms. After going back to the front desk we are now placed in a double bed room because they apparently didn’t have another king room and wouldn’t let us just stay in the first room we were in. Not to mention room we are next too is very noisy causing our pet to be uneasy. Very disappointing

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Airport/Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine! We are grateful for your feedback. Your booking and room experience has been sent on to the GM for improvement. We are sorry to have missed the mark during your stay.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

This is not a place I would ever stay in again. It is old and tired and I didn't like it one bit. I wouldn't even take a shower. On the plus side, they have lovely personnel and staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. the breakfast is decent for people who are economizing and the room wasn't bad. It's just a two star hotel that Wyndham needs to redo! We were there for a tennis match and the team stayed there to economize (it is the least expensive around) but I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: August 2018

Reviewed August 1, 2018

My husband and I recently stayed here just prior to an early morning flight. The room was cheaper than those in the area; for the lowest rate, we stayed in a room with two double beds. We live an hour from the airport, so this seemed like a better option than getting up at zero-dark-thirty.

Verdict: Yes but mostly no.

I would definitely stay near the airport again, but I am pretty unlikely to stay here. The hotel offers some advantages: it's close to the Mall, stumbling distance from Chili's, and obviously not too far from the airport. It does also boast a free shuttle that runs for 24 hours. Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Our room, while not especially well-appointed was clean and fairly quiet. It was not near the elevator, so we opted to take a long flight of stairs, but the staff did let us know that there was no elevator close by. The newer TV offers a variety of channels, and in-room coffee is provided. The bathroom was small and the sink is located on the exterior of the bathroom. Toiletries offered are standard but cheap; both bottles broke when I tried to open them. However, hot water is immediate and plentiful. The door keys (card type) both did not work reliably, but after a 3-4 tries both worked eventually.

Those beds, though. Holy moly. Like sleeping directly on concrete. Neither of us slept more than a few hours total. Also, the wimpy A/C was cool only, not cold. Based on that alone I couldn't stay here again. It was the least restful night of sleep I have had in a long time.

As hotels go, this was fine (if hard beds are not an issue for you) for a night, maybe two. But if you need at least a kind of comfortable sleeping arrangement, this place isn't for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Airport/Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine! We appreciate the feedback. Sorry to have missed the mark during your stay and the comfort level of your bed and AC issue has been passed along to the GM for improvement.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Stayed here for a little cheaper alternative to the strip hotels. Location wasn’t bad, not too far of a drive to various places (old Orchard, Cabelas, Freeport and lighthouses). Hotel wasn’t horrible, average though. Beds were smaller than I thought they would be, rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Overall pleasant stay and would stay again if needed.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Greg S, Public Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Airport/Maine Mall, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine! We appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed July 29, 2018

First the good. Both the desk and the housekeeping staff were friendly and very helpful. Compared to other hotels in the area at this time of year, the price was good. Location is very convenient. Many keyed entrance doors so you can park close to your room. Room was adequate and clean.

Now the bad. Although the room is clearly signed as non-smoking, I requested non-smoking, was told at check-in the room was non-smoking, and I had to sign that I understood and agreed it was a non-smoking room -- the stench was horrible. I had brought a can of Oust, just in case, and despite spraying about half the can, the room remained stinky. Guess it was in the curtains, carpet, and upholstery. I did not complain because they seemed to be booked and was afraid I might end up worse. One morning there was no hot water. Too many guests to handle the demand? I had to take a cold shower. Not pleasant. The general appearance was shabby. The complimentary breakfast was hardly worth the trouble and I skipped it after the first morning.

Only redeeming qualities were the staff and the price. But, at $150/night I expect a hot shower. Would resist staying here again.

Room Tip: Only elevator is at lobby, which is at one end of large hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Caoimhe317

Thank you for staying with us in beautiful South Portland Maine. We appreciate the feedback, your concern over the hot water and other issues has been passed to the GM for improvements.