“Our favorite seafood shack!”

Uncle Skinny's Take Out
Ranked #3 of 5 Restaurants in Steuben
Reviewed August 6, 2016

This family run business, 3 seasons old this summer, has the freshest, most delicious fried seafood of any of the summer-season clam shack type eateries between Ellsworth and Machias, in our opinion. Eat in (modest barnlike dining room) or take home. The scallops are especially tender and delicious. Home-made cole slaw and condiments. Nice waitstaff who go the extra mile. We've been getting takeout from them regularly for the past 2 summers, and send all our summer vacation renters there!

Reviewed July 14, 2016

We had the clams and they were excellent, cooked just the way i like them, this was our first time there and we will go back.

Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Great take-out! We had to get out of the house on a rainy day, just for a drive. We took 1 North from Gouldsboro, and found Uncle Skinny's, only 10 minutes away. The clams are well worth the price, large and fresh, and the onion rings are perfection. Portions are great and staff was very nice. Definitely stop by on your way up the coast! We will be back.

Reviewed July 2, 2016 via mobile

Two families planned on getting a note to eat and then ice cream. After trying several times to get the woman at the window to order the correct food, we gave up. I will admit that a baby being carried around the kitchen, crying loudly, did put us off... especially when it was mentioned that the diaper was full.

OK, so let's skip the food and just get ice cream. This had to be the warmest ice cream ever, so it was race to try and finish it. In the end we threw the melted remainder in the garbage.

With Joshey's not open we hoped that this would be an occasional stop. After the visit there's no way we'll stop again.

Laura G, Owner at Uncle Skinny's Take Out, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2016

I think you have us confused with another place! We do not have any staff with babies first of all second we would never allow children in the kitchen. I am the owner and was here working very hard in the kitchen Friday night .I make sure nobody waits at the window if I have to leave cooking to wait the window.I feel very bad that you had a bad experience but find it extremely hard to believe you were at MY take out.I would love for you to discribe the lady and child please andIi will get to the bottom it it .I take this very seriously as I spend every day here and would never let such a thing happen

Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

We absolutely love to come out to Uncle Skinny's for the delicious fried clams and seafood. They also have an eat in dining room option which is nice to get out of the sun and keeps small children away from the road. A friendly staff and great food.