“Open year round”

Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Stonington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2018

This was not our first or even second choice for dinner, but the weather was terrible, several other restaurants were closed for the season and it was within easy walking distance from our lodging. There was nothing remotely fancy on the menu with most entrees involving fried seafood so we decided to not fight the tide and went with fish and chips. The portion size was good and pretty much oil free. The accompanying tartar sauce and coleslaw were good, but the fries were mediocre. Overall, it was an okay meal though in season I would dine elsewhere.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed across the street and it was one of two places still open for the season. It is a classic small town diner with a seafood slant.
Our server was friendly and shared info on life in the quaint somewhat remote village.
While I enjoyed my fish, the bride did not care for the sauce on the lobster roll. All in all quite simple and satisfactory.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

We drove to Stonington to have lunch at this location. When we arrived it was full, the part that was available, so we waited. When seated our server was unable to tend to us so the hostess brought us our drinks. Then the hostess returned and took our order. I asked for chowder and fish and chips. Newell had the meatloaf. I was asked if I wanted the chowder first, I said fine, that would be great. the meatloaf and fish and chips came to the table. no chowder. My fish and chips was a pile of french fries and a very few bite size pieces of fried haddock. When the couple at the next table came in and ordered, he ordered the fish and chips, and when his came, it was covered with large pieces of fish and you could hardly see the fries.... I never got the chowder. when we were done eating, we sat for ten minutes waiting for the check. I finally got the servers attention.... She said she thought we had already gone to the register... Newell loved his meatloaf, said it was the best he had ever had.... tough luck for me.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

We stayed in Stonington for two nights and enjoyed two dinners at the Harbor Cafe. The food is excellent. Wonderful seafood options and homemade soups. Obviously where many of the locals eat, along with the tourists. If you are looking for elegance and perfect service, this is not your place, but it should be. Stonington is for people who want to relax.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

We traveled down to Stonington for a day trip, enjoying the changing fall foliage and little shops and galleries along the way. Arriving at lunchtime, we had planned to eat at the Fisherman's Friend where we had had good meals in the past. But - upon arrival, we found that had changed hands and now was a cafeteria type place with cold pizza to be microwaved or pre-made sandwiches. this is not ouor preference at all. So - a quick drive down the short main street unearthed the Harbor Café. Hoping it would be ore than a coffee/bagel stop, we parked and entered to be happily surprised that it is a full service lunch spot. After waiting for a table, we enjoyed a tasty lunch. I had haddock chowder, available in both cup or bowl. My husband enjoyed a cup of the same chowder and a tuna melt sandwich. We were swayed to order dessert by the "homemade" sign. I had a tall parfait-style dish of fantastic bread pudding. Blueberry pie was my husband's selection. All in all - a tasty, reasonably-priced lunch in a place to which we will return when we venture to this beautiful area again.

1  Thank Karen K