“It doesn't get worse than this...”
Review of The White Elephant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The White Elephant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Strong
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 26, 2020

I'm 40 years old and have been in the customer service industry for the last 20 years...

I've had great and poor interactions in the past with other companies, but I had one of the worst customer service interactions I've ever encountered in my life last week (Sunday Nov 22nd around noon) at The White Elephant.

After providing extremely poor guidance, the cashier was straight up rude, extremely disrespectful and failed miserably to explain their processes, which were ridiculous to accomplish simple tasks, such as getting a cup of coffee. Their signs and setup is very confusing at best and his guidance was even worse.

I was following all the guidelines and was wearing a mask.

After being baraded by this cashier for about 5 minutes due to his extreme lack of coherant instruction. I told him to forget it completely. I paid for the items I had already and left.

During this whole interaction the cashier was visibly upset and annoyed, used a barading tone and couldn't provide any sort of intelligible instruction to save his life.

My suggestion to your business would be to find new help to replace the apparant lost cause of a cashier that is incapable of understanding customer service and providing a good experience.

Due to this horrible interaction, that will definitely be the last time I stop into The White Elephant and I'm sure many more will follow if changes aren't made.

I would give it 0 stars if I could. Steer Clear of this place.

Date of visit: November 2020
W7864DFkarent, Owner at The White Elephant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2020

Hello Levi, I am so sorry to see that you were so displeased with the service provided to you. All staff members are trained to be as professional, efficient, and welcoming as possible, and I greatly apologize that it did not come across that way to you. Customer service that is not provided to its full potential is unacceptable and will be addressed immediately! I would like to assure you that this is certainly an isolated occurrence and not a representation of how we normally operate as a business. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future!

Write a reviewReviews (21)

Reviewed November 10, 2020

I wanted to calmly talk to a manager after having a bad experience with an employee, and when I found her she said she was the owner. She was very rude to me and wouldn't let me speak. She actually interrupted me several times. When I initially stated that I wished I had been treated with more respect, she actually blamed me! I have never had that from any person who has worked in the food/customer service industry let alone the owner! I was appalled and very upset. I have had great conversations with managers and owners of other institutions before, and it was a RESPECTFUL conversation both ways. If you cannot treat people with respect, then don't remain open.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Nicely appointed casual restaurant (beautiful tables) with an incredibly personable server, food was a nice surprise. The steak sandwich was full of flavor and had a nice balance of meat to peppers and cheese. The Chili was full of local meat, nicely done but had to be reheated, It was listed as mild and that it was perhaps offer some hot sauce or diced jalapeno's to spice it up per request. The server really took the time to help the customers who were there and keep busy in between orders.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed January 6, 2019

Good home cooked food. Small store that has a meat counter with reasonable prices. A little out of the way, but well worth the trip.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Belinda H
Reviewed November 6, 2018

We have stopped there for lunch several times-they have made us an incredible grilled cheese sandwich with tomatoes and onions-makes me hungry just to talk about it! They also have a beautiful rest room and all sorts of local foods and plants in the summer for sale.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to The White Elephant? Share your experiences!