“Good Family Dining”

Fairgrounds Cafe
Ranked #7 of 33 Restaurants in Topsham
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had dinner there Monday night for our group of 18. Everyone enjoyed their meal - the private dining room was perfect for small functions. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. This isn't fine dining but it was good food at a good price.

1  Thank Andrine48

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I totally agree with other reviewer. I've been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner and depending on who is the cook the food varies greatly. Breakfast is always terrific. I've had clams that were wonderful, also clams that were overcooked. The waitress forgot our cole slaw and when we mentioned it she said 'it's too late now' and did nothing. I had great turkey club sandwiches and also had turkey club's with no mayonaise at all and had to ask for it. What's going on in that kitchen? Everything used to be so consistent, now? I'll go for breakfast and skip lunch and dinner.

3  Thank Minkatia
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Fairground is a GREAT breakfast joint, not so much for lunch and dinner. I love that they remodeled and moved to a new location because it is not so cramped and dark in there anymore. Breakfast is amazing, I am never let down by their french toast. However, I have had lunch/dinner there a few times and 99.9% I am discouraged. Service is definatly a hit or a miss. I have only had one waitress that was really great and she quit.

1  Thank JacqueA1987
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Started out as a breakfast and lunch restaurant; now serves dinner Thurs. Fri. and Sat. Friendly local restaurant. New location is spacious and clean; food is very good, with no pretence. Probably not for fancy folk - there are plenty of restaurants in Brunswick that would satisfy them - but they won't get a better meal.

1  Thank ppeterse
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Just visited over Memorial Day weekend, we had been to their old location a few doors down months ago, but this was our first time at the new spot. Like the new space, very open, and like that they kept some of the old decor.

The staff is very friendly and accommodating to requests. They were pretty efficient, too, didn't wait around too long at any point.

I had their turkey club, it was quite tasty - very large, took half of it home with me. I had a side of pickled beets with it (so good), and shared my husband's fries - which are amazing. I love their fries. Had their chowder before which is good, the prices are very reasonable.

1  Thank parker617