“Unique dining experience”

The Parsonage House
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Vassalboro
Reviewed November 10, 2016

Our friends invited us the have dinner at The Parsonage House and I can say it was a unique dining experience. We were greeted with a warm, welcoming smile by the owner, Lori who gave us a chance to view a book history of the house. Built in the 1700's it still maintains that graceful period style.

The seating is cozy and limited so we never felt crowded or rushed as it is in some restaurants. My wife and I had the Prime Rib Pot Pie (tender prime rib pared with root veggies in a savory au jus topped with a flaky rosemary crust) which was delicious and came with a garden salad and a hot popover. The final treat was dessert which was a Maple Pecan Bread Pudding with a maple bourbon sauce. All we could say was, wow!

A limited menu is offered from Appetizer to dessert and you can find out what is on the upcoming menus on their website. Reservations are required but definitely worth a visit for that special evening.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Had heard about the Parsonage House and Lori the owner. What a great experience and mouth watering meal. Service was top shelf. See you soon

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016

You have to know you want to eat here in advance. They are open only a few days a month. The menu is very limited, but the options presented are sure to be fantastic! Everything is fresh and prepared there. The dining is in an old renovated parsonage, so seating is limited, allowing for a very special experience.

The cooking classes are fun and Lori is entertaining as well as knowledgeable.

Both dining and classes are easily five stars!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

The Parsonage House is a quaint quiet and delicious homemade experience. Lori and her staff are professional and friendly and function like a well oiled machine. Fine the time to treat yourself.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

This was a very fun and interesting experience. My friends and I watched the chef make our meal. Then we sat in the dining room and ate.

Date of visit: October 2015

Been to The Parsonage House? Share your experiences!