“Wonderful!”

Marta's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Waterford
Cuisines: Polish, Czech
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was bicycling in the Waterford area last week and discovered Marta's Bakery. I was so glad I found it! I had an almond croissant and raspberry soda, and they were the best I have ever had! It was so pleasant to sit outside and look at the beautiful view while enjoying my wonderful treat! Marta came out to talk to me, and she was so warm and welcoming! Bicyclists, please take note! This is the ultimate rest stop! I hope I will be able to go back next year on my annual trip!

Reviewed August 16, 2014

It does not get much better than Marta's Bakery. Marta is a true artist. Her croissants (almond, raspberry, chocolate, plain and ham&cheese) are extraordinary. Am quite certain even the croissants I have eaten in Paris don't rival these. She is well known for her pies too, you can barely carry them with one hand they have so much fruit in them. My personal favorite is her key lime pie. It's the perfect amount of sweet and tart. She has brownies, cookies, cakes, sticky buns and everything is fresh! If you happen to be in Waterford this is not a spot to be missed.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Marta's Bakery is located in the middle of nowhere! But when you get there, you are not disappointed. Marta could be transplanted to Manhattan with ease. Her baked goods are just that good. I am not even sure where to start…the croissants, pies, cookies, brownies, cakes, pecan squares, sticky buns (I could go on) are all DELICIOUS. I will elaborate on the ham & cheese croissant, possibly better than any croissant I ever tasted in Paris. It's flaky and buttery with a piece of rich ham and cheese melted in the middle. She is well-known for her fresh fruit pies, but her key lime pie brought me to my knees, so creamy and delicious. I have not eaten her wedding cake, but I did see several she made and they are beautiful. If you happen to be driving down Rte 35 in Maine, this is stop is a MUST, remember to come HUNGRY.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We found Marta's through Trip Advisor this past Sunday. It is easy to find and well worth the time. Closed on Mondays. You will recognize the taste of real ingredients. We purchased chocolate chip cookies, almond croissants, cinnamon rolls, raspberry pound cake & a frozen strawberry rhubarb pie. The croissants and rolls kept for several days and tasted just out of the oven after 15 seconds in the microwave. I don't understand the harsh comments about friendliness. She is a quiet lady who is attentive to her customers. You are purchasing a product from a lady who runs a one woman operation and takes pride in her wares. If you want to purchase giddy go to Starbucks. It is hard to find a good bakery & there it is tucked away on a quiet road in Maine.

1  Thank daydds
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We vacation on Keoka Lake in Waterford every summer. Two years ago my husband and a group of friends were in search of the best blueberry pie in Maine. They found at least 17 local entries from the greater lake region area and some from Portland too. For one week they ate/tasted blueberry pie every day. Marta's Cafe won hands down! Her Pies are exceptional. There was not even a close runner up! This year and every year we buy pies, cookies and pastry from Marta. We are never disappointed!

Been to Marta's Cafe? Share your experiences!