“Pretty gross--you get what you pay for”

Budget Host Airport Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Waterville
Massachusetts
“Pretty gross--you get what you pay for”
Reviewed 26 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our way up to Northern Maine. We really just needed a place to sleep for a few hours, and almost every hotel in the area was booked, so this is where we ended up. As soon as we walked into our room, the stench of mold hit us in the face. We then noticed that the smell was most likely coming from a broken air conditioner that was leaking all over the carpet (which was soaking wet before we arrived). Aside from the smell, the water, and the nastiness, the television did not work at all, and the bathroom was disgusting. I felt like I was back in a college dorm, having to wear my flip flops in the shower it was so nasty. If you can avoid this hotel, I would strongly recommend doing so.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank traveler0614

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vinalhaven
Reviewed 3 February 2007

I was on a college trip provided through my high school with three other people. At the end of our first day my school councilor found the Budget Host was an affordable place to stay in the Waterville area. If not the cheapest. Once we got the keys (cards) to our rooms we made our way from the main office to the building the rooms are located. We also had 3 rooms, the one my councilor had was decent and from what I saw it was fine. Nor did I hear any dissatisfied reports from her the next morning. Then, the other two on the trip shared a room. I went in to visit them that evening and there were many noticeable patches on the wall near one of the beds that seemed to me someone had been punching. I also noticed a couple on the ceiling that had been heavily covered over with acoustic ceiling spray (Known as cottage cheese). That’s all I really noticed but I was told the next day by one of the students in the room that she had a hole in her blanket. Then as for my room it seemed fine at first, and probably the bathroom was the best part of the room. Though I later discovered multiple stains on every sheet and a long black hair within the outside of a pillow case. Which made me think they haven’t been changed since their last use. Other than that the stay was surprisingly ok for me. I would only suggest going there alone so you don’t feel embarrassed by anything. It’s fine for a quick over night stay, and that’s all I would insist on.

• Liked — It was quiet for the most part, and the bathroom I had was clean.
  • Disliked — Bedding
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank HT-Advisor

Travellers are raving about these Waterville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterville
4.0 km away
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
23.7 km away
Comfort Inn Civic Center

Been to Budget Host Airport Inn? Share your experiences!