“Reasonably good sushi for central Maine”

Mirakuya Sushi & Hibachi & Cocktails
Ranked #17 of 93 Restaurants in Waterville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2018 via mobile

The staff at this restaurant are very excellent, friendly and attentive. I have certainly had better sushi and Japanese food in other more urban settings, but considering you are in central Maine and over 200 miles away from Boston, the food is very good. The hibachi grill area is very lively and entertaining and great for a large group and a family gathering. If you are in Maine and especially on vacation and wanting sushi, check this place out. (However, no Yankee hats please. You are in New England and Red Sox country after all.)

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Brought our son for his 34th Birthday choice. First time. had a blast and the Food & service was really good. Place was clean and great Decor. Drinks were the best. A must stop if in the area,

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant is clean overall and we were seated promptly. The show was a little lack luster compared to others I had been to. I'd like to say it was because no one in our party was drinking but I used to have a blast when I was underage. The food was average. Interestingly we were given the check before we had finished eating, and no sooner had I lifted the last bite to my mouth was my plate cleared. I don't know if they were just that attentive or they were rushing us out, it seemed more like the latter. A member of our party who was Japanese commented on the rudeness if the staff, but from a Japanese standpoint vs American standards. I'd probably go back just got variety but I wouldn't necessarily recommend people go out of their way to go.

Date of visit: February 2018
1  Thank jmiddleton12345
Reviewed February 18, 2018

This is the best Sushi restaurant North of Portland Nice decors. Some day I will try the Hibachi The chef puts on a great display and I do plan to try sometime instead of Sushi.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed January 20, 2018

Food and atmosphere are great! We did not sit at the hibachi table but were near enough to watch as a family enjoyed the experience.

Date of visit: January 2018