Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$135
Hotels.comUS$135
PricelineUS$102
Agoda.comUS$102
eDreamsUS$102
FindHotelUS$155
All reviews whoopie pies governor's restaurant continental breakfast massage chair attached restaurant hot tub a great stay bit dated keurig coffee maker clean rooms off the highway right next door waterville area great price common areas bed was comfortable college visit
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2019

We have chosen the Suite room twice while traveling to Maine. We love the large space, large TV, fireplace, sofa and the comfortable bed. We also like having a Kuerg in our room along with a frig and microwave. We are very pleased with the room and service when we visit Maine every other year. We wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room tip: Close to Wal-mart, Home Depot and Ruby Tuesdays.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2019

This hotel is very reasonable compared to other Waterville hotels of similar caliber. There are a few cheaper ones, but they are often dumps and The Fireside is better than some comparable more expensive ones. It also has a full service restaurant on premises.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
FiresideRM, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2019

Thank you for your compliment!
Being compared most favorably with more expensive places? Nice!
Thanks,

Reviewed June 27, 2019

From the moment I arrived I felt welcome and like my stay mattered to the staff, no request was too much. The room was really clean if a tiny dated, but had every amenity for the price one could ask for.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your kind words. I'm fortunate to have a staff who love what they do. I'm glad it shows.
Thanks again for staying ...and writing!

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

The beds were very comfortable, and the room was nice. My biggest complaint was that there is no fan in the bathroom, which means the humidity takes forever to clear out, especially if two people take a shower back to back.

There are several restaurants and stores right up the road, which is great, because Governors isn’t my most favorite restaurant... though they do tend to have awesome desserts.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
FiresideRM, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2019

Thank you for staying with us and thanks for the review.
I appreciate your comment on the bath fan. The vents in the bathrooms are powered by fans in the attic. I'll check with maintenance to see of we can increase the volume of air removed.

Reviewed June 16, 2019 via mobile

I was misled by the positive reviews. In the evening we wanted to take showers, but we couldn't because the tub drain was so clogged up with nasty hair and gunk that junk was coming out of the drain and the water wouldn't drain. We asked for a plunger to fix it. The woman at the desk said no to the plunger and that maintenance could come by later the next day. That was unacceptable. We wanted showers after a long day of driving and we were getting up early the next morning. She said we could move to another room, but by now it was 11:30 p.m. and that was not a realistic option. Since there were available rooms I asked if we could just use one of the showers, she laughed at me and said no. We tried cleaning the drain out ourselves just to take showers and get on with our night, but we could never get it cleaned out enough to use. Finally, I asked if we could at least get a discount because we weren't able to use the shower. She said I already had the AAA discount and again laughed at me. I just don't understand not having basic supplies such as a plunger on hand, nor do I understand the absolute rudeness I encountered. I'm sorry that I believed the great reviews. Two stars because there was a usable bed to sleep on.

Trip type: Travelled with friends