Lowest prices for your stay
US$157
US$139
View deal
SAVE US$18
Free cancellation until 21-05-02
Reserve now, pay at stay
BestWestern.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
StayForLongUS$157
All reviews included breakfast place to stay bed was very comfortable clean hotel off the highway great breakfast we've stayed colby college convenient location voucher maine bw pet walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2020

We visit Waterville annually. This was our first stay at this hotel. There are too many other hotels to choose from and I suggest you choose one of those, especially for the price.
I don't believe I have high standards for a hotel. We've stayed at the Budget Host and Fireside on and off for years. (No pool but both are clean and pet friendly.)
They are not cleaning to COVID standards (barely cleaning in my opinion).
It is a pet friendly location but no one is cleaning up after their pets outside. The yard is disgusting!
There was dirty clothing left in the room at check in. A beer can, pen and other items were found 2 days into the stay. (None of the items were ours.)
On day 3 we were told they don't clean the rooms for "stay overs" but it had been done the day before.
The heater in the room was so noisy we couldn't sleep and the tub drain was so plugged we were ankle deep in water (yes, they fixed those). However, the heater was louder than the traffic on I95.
Management didn't come in so I was not contacted by management but they were notified and (again) offered to move us to another room. They offered to move us after finding the clothing but I had already sprayed Lysol everywhere and sanitized the items we were likely to touch.
No one is wearing masks (except some of the guests). I overheard a desk clerk tell someone to just "say" they had quarantined when they were checking in.
There are people (apparently) living there who are walking all over the hotel with their pets (with no masks).
Watch it if you park in the rear, the people drive so fast through there that we were almost hit.
It appears they are allowing people to use the pool (with a fee) from outside the hotel. I was told they limited the pool area to 20 people. I did not use the pool. If I were a guest and was told I couldn't use the pool because too many people were in there and found out that it was because they were allowing non-guests to use it, I would be upset.
We did not eat breakfast but I was never told to obtain a voucher at the front desk. The only reason I know this is because I overheard the clerk tell someone else.
If you need a pet friendly location, go somewhere else. If you want a pool, go somewhere else. If you want both, go somewhere else.

Date of stay: October 2020
Cassie Julia, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2020

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay! We have strict protocols in place regarding cleaning of rooms, but we are happy to have guest feedback that let's us know when we have to offer additional training to any new employees.

We're sorry you missed our made-to-order daily breakfast :( It's some of the best in town!

Reviewed August 26, 2020

Perfect location! If you are visiting Colby College or the Waterville area. Freshly updated room, new bathroom, granite sinks, new refridge, Brand new bed and bedding. Very quite and comfortable. I will stay here every time i am in the area and you can not beat the price!

Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2020

My two kids and I booked a room for two nights. First room they put us in was filthy. Second room had a huge brown stain on the comforter! The hallway to the room reeked of pot and cigarettes. People were fighting and loud. Turns out they are housing people from the local homeless shelter. Don’t stay here. Felt unsafe, unsanitary and just GROSS. And the staff didn’t care and pretty much told us to leave if we didn’t like it. I feel like I might need a covid test from walking in the building. We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn! Very nice service and CLEAN! I called Best Western Corporate and they were no help. Awful experience.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank KSS04654

Reviewed July 13, 2020

this room was 120 bucks....not even a phone in our room....no directory to say when anything was open or not. was a bare bones, no nothing room....would expect more even from a 59.95 room. should have stayed elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi Jackcn58! We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay! A lot of "in room" extras have been removed from our hotel rooms due to COVID cleaning procedure. We have strict protocols in place regarding cleaning of rooms. For more information on our extensive cleaning practices, please review our FAQ: https://girihotels.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Reviewed June 7, 2020

Very pleasant welcome. The staff was always friendly and kind. The room was spotless and comfortable bed. I like the pillows and bedsheet which are very clean and nothing smell, shower room was spacious. I like The location is near restaurants and across is Walmart. I have been to a lot of hotels in New England and this Best Western Plus Waterville is highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for the kind feedback - we hope you will visit again soon!