Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
BestWestern.comUS$149
TripadvisorUS$149
Priceline
Expedia.comUS$149
Hotels.comUS$149
Lol.travelUS$167
All reviews included breakfast place to stay bed was very comfortable clean hotel off the highway great breakfast we've stayed colby college convenient location voucher maine bw pet walmart
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2021

I was looking for an economical hotel in the Waterville area, the Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel checked that box. What I wasn't expecting were the included amenities like free Internet, and a complimentary made-to-order breakfast. Very nice experience and a great value.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2021

Thank you for your great review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you on your next visit to Waterville!

Reviewed April 6, 2021 via mobile

This hotel looks fine at the entrance-it all ends there. Smoking (of all types) occur in the rooms and huddles of people are constantly standing in front of the rear entrances smoking. We found drug paraphernalia in our room and asked to check out after that. I think some people are living at this hotel as families were constantly in the halls with their pajamas on and hollering and swearing at their kids. Kids were in the parking lot riding their bikes and there was the most dog poop on the back “lawn” that I have ever seen in one place. This hotel is disgusting.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Experience779661

We are sorry you had such an unpleasant experience. We will share your comments with our staff and thank you for feedback.

Reviewed April 6, 2021 via mobile

I would like to say thank you to everybody at the best Western grand Hotel Waterville Maine they service you with a smile their corona safe the hospitality is awesome the meals they cook for you if you have breakfast in the morning it is free and it is a cook breakfast the way you like swimming pool is clean plenty of parking what is it just a beautiful place to come to I would not go anywhere else but to the best western I would like to say thank you to everybody that is employed and does work here and I would like to especially say thank you to everybody in the kitchen I would like to say thank you to Steve the maître d’ who checked me in at 2o’clock in the morningI would like to say thank you to all the women especially management they are the bomb thank you very much sincerely yours James Cataldo QCD this is my room showed you how clean it is the bed is a little messy because I just got up going to take a shower and I am about to leave and I will return on Thursday

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you Jimmy!! We appreciate your continued support and years of business relations. Guests like you make it all worthwhile for all those in our hard working industry. We have a corn muffin waiting for you!! Thank you again and again for the great reviews!

Reviewed March 27, 2021

I see these reviews of this Hotel, and I wonder if I stayed in the same Hotel?
The Staff were very friendly, but the place is not a 3 star hotel. Not by a long shot. Considering a new Hampton Inn is a 2.5 Star.
I stayed on Friday night with my Wife. There were crowds of kids, smoking in the entrances, there was the smell of weed throughout the hallways, with shady characters yelling in the hallways, of course, no masks.
Broken exit sign hanging, with trash piled outside of the doors of rooms, the exit glass doors were filthy, with finger prints, and apparently haven't been cleaned in awhile. ( My Wife had Pandemic ebee jeebys), as we pushed them open with our covered arms.
The room was like that of an older Hotel, the bed was hard like a rock, with small pillows. The comforter on the bed had coffee stains, and looked like it had not been washed... and you can smell the Cigarette smoke.
This seems to be where the locals comes to party.
I remember those days in my youth, but I don't want to relive them in my 60's.
It rained very hard, that night and there were deep puddles you had to walk around to get to your car. The parking lot needs to be repaved.
We decided not to stay for breakfast, just grabbed a coffee for the road, but the Pub did look nice, with friendly staff.
Unfortunately, will not be staying here again. The pictures are very deceptive.
Unless you enjoy People yelling, running up and down the hall half the night, the smell of weed permeating the halls, I would look everywhere.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Front Desk, Guest Services / Front Office at Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2021

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay! We have strict protocols in place regarding cleaning of rooms, but we are happy to have guest feedback that let's us know when we have to offer additional training to any new employees. We will work harder on our smoking policy, as guests often do not follow the guidelines for smoking privilege's.

For more information on our extensive cleaning practices, please review our FAQ: https://girihotels.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Reviewed March 26, 2021 via mobile

1. One of the first rooms we were given smelled so badly like smoke it was making my children sick. The only reason we were able to change rooms was because there was a substantial leak coming down from the bathing ceiling. Smoking is not allowed in any Maine establishments. You should really try to enforce this. up and down your halls all you can smell is cigarette and marjuana smoke. Again, it was making some of the children very sick.
2. Once allowed in the pool( after a 5 hour wait) the children were quick to get out because there was a strange man with his DOG in the gym area watching them. It was making them feel very uncomfortable, so they got out.
3. I did see that your hotel was a pet friendly hotel, but you need to have some boundaries when going to your lounge area. There were dogs being walked in the hallway that were extremely aggressive. What if they got loose? What if a child went towards them? What if the owner let go of them? You could also hear them barking form a better part of the evening.
4. I came to find out that there are many homeless people staying at your hotel. While I understand that people need a place to stay, and you need to stay in business I think you need to find a way to let your guests know your hotel is used as an overflow or what the case may be. The people that you have wandering up and down your hotel was very unsettling. Going out to my car there were a couple of people with again very aggressive dogs by your dumpster acting in a very suspicious manner. This does not make anyone feel very safe.

Date of stay: March 2021