“If you like steak” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Wells
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wells, Maine
“If you like steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

If you like steak, this is one of the best steak houses in Maine. Plan on waiting for a table, if you go after 5.

Putnam, Connecticut, United States
“Great steak and potatoes!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

Go early, they are so busy. Nice atmosphere. The food is awesome,

Visited June 2011
Surprise, Arizona
“I can't stop thinking about that steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

When we visit our daughter and family we usually spend one week with them, timeshare for a week and then another week with them. October, 2011 was a timeshare in Wells, Maine. While exploring for a restaurant for dinner we noticed a rather plain sign that said "Steakhouse" and that appealed to us so we turned in. What we found was a large wooden barn without much signage on the barn but figured we'd go see if that was it. Judging from the number of people there we decided the food had to be fairly good. The wait was about half an hour but we had fun chatting with locals and people who lived close by. When we were called for a table we asked one couple, who had another 30 minutes or so to wait, if they'd like to join us at our table for four. Our new friends told us we were in for the best steak in the world. Having grown up on a ranch, I mentally said to myself, "I doubt that!". Hubby ordered a ribeye and I went for a small fillet. Our appetizers (salad and bread) were good so we were hoping the steaks would also be good. ON MY GOSH! The steaks arrived and my fillet was on the small side. But when I bit into it, it melted in my mouth with a taste that instantly caused an addiction! That was absolutely the best steak I've ever had and coming from a western state, m'friends, that is saying a lot! Of course we planned to return at least once more but due to a family emergency had to fly back to Arizona before we could return. If I were a millionaire, I'd fly to Maine just for another steak!

Boston, MA
“A really nice surprise in Wells, ME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We love The Steakhouse. The filet is everything you'd hope for, cooked correctly to order and accompanied by great sides and toppings. The first time we went there (earlier this year) we were a bit put off by the long lines, but really understood why after we finished our first meal there.

I'd put this meat-lover's restaurant up against a lot of the much higher priced competition back in Boston, and it would come up a winner. I only hope this review doesn't make the lines even longer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Peru, New York
“Food is always great but so is the wait,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

The food was very good and the selections excellent Waitress was also very attentive and pleasant. The noise in the restaurant is high and the wait long . But we went there for the great food and were not disappointed.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!