Whale Beach Bed and Breakfast
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2017

We rented the Narrabeen beach house from Whalebeach B&B. What a fantastic place!! We arrived in the evening, and were helped by very friendly Elaine and Ted. But the best thing was the next morning, coming out of bed, stepping in the hallway and seeing the gobsmacking view!!! There is nothing between you, the beach and the blue waves. Perfect location for trips to the city (park at Manly and take the ferry) We couldn't have found a better place to start of our journey.
We then stayed two nights at their whale beach accommodation at Careel road when Narrabeen was full, which was also a very lovely stay. It felt like being a local, having your own Sydney house, luckily also close to the beach;-) Lots of useful tips on things to do (boat renting, best beaches, garage sale)
Thank you Ted and Elaine, we'll certainly be back!!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2016

Family booked the entire B&B for a long weekend & had the most amazing time. We wanted for absolutely nothing....even the baby had a Push & Sound Book to play with! Every room has own ensuite, fridge & tv. Fabulous living space, dishwasher,covered verandah with bbq & friends came one night for a fab party. Walked to Whale Beach each day, 5 grandchildren were in awe, walked to the local shops for take-away one night. Avalon 3 mins drive away. Palm Beach 5 mins drive. Elaine & Ted a big thank you for giving us a magical weekend. We have decided it must be an annual event!

Room Tip: Wonderful floor plan, no-one had anyone 'nextdoor'. quiet stairs!!! 'Garden Retreat' ideal for our lovebirds, All rooms so private.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
whalebnb, Owner at Whale Beach Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2016

Thank you so much Norma for your review. I'm so glad it suited your family group so well and hope you do make it a yearly event! It was a pleasure to host you all and your friends who came for the Get-together!

Reviewed October 6, 2015

We had a lovely time at Whale Beach B&B (3 couples + 4 kids). The place was cosy, the rooms comfortable and everyone enjoyed the comfort of their own ensuite. The kids shared a very spacious room and enjoyed spending time together. A great option to discover the many gorgeous beaches around, Whale Beach itself being the favourite! The Basin (off Palm Beach - 20 minutes ferry ride) a close contender. We will be back. =0)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2015

After spending an extended time in the city, CBD, I found the need to escape to the northern beaches.
Whale beach B&B's hosts were extremely welcoming upon arrival and supplied me with all the necessities needed. They then gave me more than enough detail about the suburbs all the way from Palm Beach to Manly and were able to answer all questions I had. The hosts were on hand and close by whenever I needed anything extra or a simple query.
Travelling solo, I stayed in room two on the ground floor and found it more than comfortable. The ensuite was fully furnished and modern styled. The whole B&B have the seaside/coastal resort feel to it that I myself love.
Travelling in off peak times the prices are lower than peak times understandably. The price I paid was represented in everything I was offered. After comparing to other hospitalities in the area I found the location and facilities were well defined by the price offered. I felt I received care and attention from the start to the end of my visit.
I will be returning and further recommending anyone to stay here. I couldn't of asked for a better experience from travelling to Australia alone.

Room Tip: All rooms are modern furnished, and if requested there is a choice for a bath in one of the rooms. The atmosphere throughout the B&B is very homely and you will hardly feel as though you are staying away.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank India B
Reviewed April 5, 2015

I have stayed at Whale Beach B&B for quite a few years now as part of a large group attending the Avalon Tattoo in June each year.

We generally have anywhere from 9-14 persons staying for the two nights.

The bedrooms are very generous in size which allows us to add camp beds for additional persons staying. A big bonus is each room being ensute and large hanging space for our uniforms.

We also utilize the back cabin and have found this a great place to have a couple stay with their two young children.

I find the owners very accommodating and upon request, will add any additional items to the kitchen for me.

The location is very quiet, very relaxing, great deck for bbq's and an easy stroll to the beach.

The lounge area is small but comfortable and we all seem to fit. A major bonus (especially in June) is a gas fire. This heats the whole house wonderfully.

For anyone thinking about just getting away, I would highly recommend Whale Beach B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends