“Very good breakfast spot!”

J.M. Gerrish Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Description: J.M. Gerrish Cafe and Ice Cream Parlour is a small (45 seat) restaurant on the coast of Winter Harbor Maine. The served here though simple fare is served well. We have gluten free products as well. Maine made Gifford Ice Cream in many flavors can be ordered by itself or incorporated in one of our many milk shakes, ice cream sodas, or sundaes.
Reviewed September 20, 2018

This was one of our first stops for breakfast on our trip to Acadia/Schoodic Point for the Night Sky Festival. We had a good breakfast, nothing outstanding but good and solid. The waitress was very friendly, coffee was good! Hash brown potatoes needed some seasoning of some kind but omelets were good.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

I had read online about this place and it didn’t disappoint....we had the Down East Lunch which was clam chowder, mini lobster roll in a butter bun, and blueberry pie with ice cream. Our waiter provided great service, food came out very timely, and sooo delicious! If you go to Schoodic Peninsula I highly recommend this stop for lunch.

Reviewed September 15, 2018

We knew nothing about the restaurant when we stopped, but just walking in the door I had the feeling it was going to be great. I ordered a chicken and apple and cranberry and blue cheese and, and, and, salad that was really memorable. I was hungry for salad but often restaurants miss the mark for fresh and delicious. I would definitely go back to try more items on the menu.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

We ate on the porch/deck. Twice. It is so much nicer than it appears in the picture. So colorful, with beautiful flowers all around outdoors. Everyone loved the food -- pancakes, English muffin breakfast sandwich, eggs and bacon, whatever -- and sitting out in the morning sunshine in the little harbor town with colorful flowers all around. On our second visit, Labor Day weekend, business was particularly brisk, and the manager apologetically served our table, saying that a waitress was not available. But the manager, too, was a wonderful waitress. The place may be open only during tourist season - I am not certain - but, when it is open, it is probably the best place around for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We just had a day to spend in Acadia, so we opted to hop the ferry to Winter Harbor & explore the peninsula instead of braving Labor Day traffic around the busy island. First stop was lunch, & I ordered the Downeaster? Something like that. It was a cup of scrumptious clam chowder, a mini lobster roll with nice chunks of sweet lobster meat with light mayo, and a hefty chunk of wild blueberry pie. My husband had a fresh looking Ceaser salad with chicken. We sat on the porch with a few others on a picture perfect day. I think 5 cars drove by the whole time we were there. Relaxing and delicious!

1  Thank Nocotravelgal