All reviews westport island fresh eggs crab cakes screened in porch lobster comfy bed stayed two nights short drive mario goats marsh bath route
Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Exceptional! Newly renovated with tasteful decor
This B and B was perfect! Beds were comfy, clean rooms and quiet. Staff was very helpful. Comes with a full delicious breakfast. I came on pizza night and enjoyed meeting locals and enjoying pizza in a beautiful barn.
They have beautiful walking trails that you can take down to the river..
I would definitely return here and highly recommend this place .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mgysan
Reviewed May 17, 2018

The dining rooms are cozy and furnished with period furniture, but in the summer, the porch is delightful! My favorite dish here is the veal Swiss style with rosti potatoes. I also like the fact that you can order a starter salad with kohlrabi. Wait staff is very pleasant and it’s a relaxed dining experience. The inn also has rooms for overnight.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed December 4, 2017

My husband & I spent 2 days & nights at the Squire Tarbox. We had stayed there before several years ago. It is a great place to spend some "get away" time. Our room was pleasant, with a king size bed, on the main floor. I would recommend the breakfasts as being a great part of our stay. Our Innkeeper, Elizabeth, was very pleasant, helpful, and also does the baking for the restaurant, as well as cooking the breakfast.. The Squire Tarbox is closed for part of the winter.

Room Tip: Inn is not wheelchair accessible - at least the front door is not, and there are stairs to the restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy L
Reviewed October 5, 2017 via mobile

Spent two very peaceful nights at the Squire Tarbox Inn being provided with breakfast one day by the young manager and the next day by the owners themselves. We learned so much from all of them and we were treated to yummy food and a comfy bed. The area is full of so much history, great seafood and beautiful views wherever you look, from the ocean, to the bays, to the forests. A lovely place to visit and don't forget to see the chickens who provide your fresh eggs at the Tarbox....

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2017

This lovely inn is located on a gorgeous, tranquil huge parcel of land. The rustic inn is cozy and inviting, but the grounds are so peaceful and inviting. My husband, dog and I stayed two nights to celebrate my birthday. Upon arrival we were quickly checked in and noticed that there were two doggie treats in the room. It was nice that our dog was not only able to join us, but we felt that he was welcomed. The innkeepers were very accommodating but not invasive. We felt like we had the place to ourselves!! We were sad that the goats and dogs were not there, but we had a wonderful time exploring the property.

The dinners that Mario prepared for us were phenomenal!!! The first night we enjoyed the prime rib for two, and the sauce that Mario served with it was out of this world! It just so happens that my favorite meal is prime rib, and it was a special on the evening of my birthday!!! We also ordered a bottle of the Swiss red wine which was okay. The hospitality of the staff is top-notch. Liz could not be sweeter!!

To say a bit more about the food: my husband usually does not order an appetizer, but he ordered the crab cake both nights because it was so delicious - no fillers just lump crabmeat and a delicious sauce. The salad was so fresh, and the homemade dressing delish!!! If you go for dinner, be sure to get a table on the screened-in porch. The setting was magnificent, and the evenings we were there, the weather could not have been better.

We are sad that we have just discovered the Squire Tarbox and Mario is hoping to sell and retire. However, he did say that he would like it to stay an inn and would help train the new innkeeper/chef!! We hope that we will be able to enjoy the property for years to come!

Thank you so much Ronnie, Mario, Liz and waitress-in-training (never got her name).

Room Tip: Not sure of the number, but one of the rooms had a small deck overlooking the meadow which looked very pleasant!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
SquireT, Owner at Squire Tarbox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Thank you so much Kerri and Brian, we loved having you stay with us. When we get guests such as yourselves it makes running an inn all worth while and rewarding. Next time you come we'll have to try and get the dogs to meet you and your doggie. I was just a little worried they might scare your one as ours are very big!
Enjoy the rest of the summer. Roni et al.