All reviews breakfast buffet tennis courts eggs benedict turn down service service charge indoor pool ocean front private beach harborview room york river french toast donuts get away new england spa treatments lobster cliff walk
Reviewed August 28, 2018

I have been coming to York Harbor every summer for most of my life (lived in York for the first 10 years). Once I moved my family visited every summer and we have continued the tradition with now the 3rd generation. We have seen a lot of change at this property and overall I think it is in good condition now. The only renovation that is clearly needed is the heating and conditioning system - outdated and a little noisy. There are a few high end resort touches that separate if from any other options in the area. The renovated dining room is stunning and food is very good. I do think the price is pretty high but they are always full so guess that won't be changing. I recently visited with my 2 young grandchildren. We had asked repeatedly for an early check in (by 2 hours). It was clear that no accommodation would be made for that. The man at check in went and spoke with housekeeping but could not get an estimated time. Pretty frustrating in such a small property. However, I would not change my decision to revisit based on that. There were 2 adorable amenities in the room for the children - nice touch. Breakfast was included and it was a full and delicious buffet. The pool experience was also really nice. Towels, food service, showers and clean restrooms along with really lovely staff. A great few days! I rated below as luxury pricing only because it is high for the quality(size, furniture, AC) of the room but again better than anything else in the area. Beds are very comfortable.

Room tip: Don't be afraid to take a parking lot view (higher floor) because you do have a view of the beach over the parking lot.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
StageNeckInnTeam, Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. Our Stage Neck Inn staff works hard to ensure guests enjoy their lodging and dining experiences and I'm pleased we lived up to your expectations. It's so nice that your family tradition is visiting Stage Neck Inn and I sincerely hope this tradition continues.

I'm very pleased you liked and enjoyed the renovations and that you feel some of these high end resort touches have set us apart from others in the area. Thank you for bringing your concerns about the heating & air conditioning system to our attention. I've forwarded your comments along to the Stage Neck Inn Management team to be addressed.

I'm sorry we weren't able to grant you a late check out. With this being our busy season, it's sometimes difficult to grant late check outs. Our Housekeeping staff is trained to thoroughly clean and inspect each guest room and the Housekeeping Manager follows up and also inspects the room to ensure it's cleanliness for the arriving guest.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I sincerely hope you and your family will continue your tradition and visit us again soon.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

I did enjoy our stay. However , in my opinion the hotel is over priced. The grounds are pretty and the views are beautiful, but the rooms are small and only offer two full sized beds. (Tough to share w kids). The WiFi was spotty. The rooms were not the cleanest. My other big issue was adult hours for indoor and outdoor pools. At 4:00 the lifeguards kicked all the kids out of the outdoor pool for a half hour for adults. This was ridiculous since no adults went in. In addition there is a lap lane for adults. The service and staff at the hotel were very nice and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jodimarie1967
StageNeckInnTeam, Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2018

Thank you for choosing Stage Neck Inn for your vacation! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the lovely views and grounds, but am disappointed that all your expectations were not met.

The Stage Neck Inn Team strive to ensure our guests receive the high quality of service and accommodations they have come to expect. We take extreme vigilance to ensure the utmost cleanliness of our resort and all members of our housekeeping staff are diligently trained to thoroughly clean each room. On your next visit you may find one of our luxury rooms, which are larger and offer a pull out sofa, more comfortable. Our Wi-Fi has been upgraded and is continually monitored to ensure effective connectivity.

Our indoor pool, which is open from 8 AM to 10 PM does not have Adult Swim. The outdoor pool, open 8 AM to 6:30 PM, does offer Adult Swim daily (8 - 8:30 AM; 4 - 4:30 PM; 6 - 6:30 PM) to allow Adults this brief time to exercise, swim laps, etc. while ensuring the safety of the children.

Again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll give us another opportunity to not only meet, but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further.

(207) 363-3850

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Stage Neck Inn is lovely in every aspect. The rooms are terrific, ours was along the river so the crashing of waves you could hear 20 ft away! Well furnished rooms, fireplace, deep tub & great shower. Pools outdoors & in, hot tub, adirondeck chairs to view the sea. The food is wonderful, every meal!. If you want to relax and have a charming time, this destination is a must!

Room tip: we prefer 2nd floor on the water side
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Z2409MVrobertc
StageNeckInnTeam, Manager at Stage Neck Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Stage Neck Inn. Our staff continue to work as a team to ensure guests expectations are met and that they enjoy every aspect of their stay. I will certainly pass along your comments on the well furnished rooms and wonderful meals. The views really are beautiful from all areas of the Inn and I'm pleased you were able to relax listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean.

I hope you'll join us again soon!

Reviewed August 21, 2018

Have visited many times over the years.. usually reserve 2 rooms. This year, our room on the 2nd floor was a disappointment for the price paid. The floor was warped and creaky, the ceiling had many marks on it and a few holes in the tiles.. just not what we have come to expect from SNI. Our daughter and her family were in a lower level room that for the price was not near what should be expected. The breakfast buffet was disappointing and the dinner selection , for the price, could have been better. This place is very expensive ! We learned the long time GM, Pheobe, is no longer employed. Her not being there showed up.. she was the face of the Inn and always made us feel welcome, going out of her way to say hi ! She was the engine and soul of Stage Neck. Think it may be a bit before (if ) we return..

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank capenaplesjay

Thank you for bringing your concerns regarding your recent stay to our attention. The Stage Neck Inn staff works diligently in every area of the Inn to ensure our guests enjoy their stay and expectations are not only met, but exceeded. I'm sorry you feel we did not meet the high standards you've come to expect from the Stage Neck Inn.

Our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff are trained to inspect guest rooms for any issues on a continual basis. I would appreciate you contacting me directly to discuss your guest room concerns more specifically.

We continue to change and upgrade our menus to offer seasonally available selections and cater to the best of our ability to satisfy our guest's requests. We do work hard to ensure our guests have the best possible dining experience. Again, I'm sorry you feel we missed the mark during your recent stay. I've forwarded your concerns to our Food and Beverage Director as well as our Executive Chef, and they will both certainly review the menus.

Phoebe Pressey, former GM, has moved on to new ventures and the Stage Neck Inn team wishes her well and sincerely hopes she's enjoying this next phase of her career.

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to make us aware of your experience. I hope you'll join us again in the future and allow us the opportunity to meet the standards you have come to expect from the Stage Neck Inn.

(207) 363-3850

Reviewed August 21, 2018

My family and I recently spent 4 evenings here. This is a beautiful hotel set in a beautiful location. The access to the beach, outdoor and indoor pools are awesome. The breakfast buffet was delicious. I wish I could of taken donuts and raspberry scones home with me.I was slightly confused about the fluctuation of tipping on the breakfast buffet. Two days it was slightly more than the other two days. Make sure you watch the sun rising in the mornings!
The only down side is the location. It is not within walking distance to stores or other restaurants and the trolley does not run to there. Overall I would definitely book a future stay there.

Room tip: Oceanfront second or third floor
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Wallybird1

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on Stage Neck Inn. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will certainly pass along the comments on the breakfast buffet to our Executive Chef. Our staff continue to work hard to ensure our guests have the best possible experience while they stay with us. The service fee for breakfast is 18% so should remain consistent unless someone at the table orders an espresso, cappuccino, or alcoholic beverages. If this was not the case please feel free to reach out to me to discuss.

Unfortunately, as you mentioned, we are not within walking distance to the Town of York, however we do have a taxi service in town and I apologize if you weren't informed of this.

We hope you'll visit us again soon.

(207) 363-3850 Ext. 421