“Great noodle soup”

Ranked #14 of 74 Restaurants in Beltsville
Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 14, 2017

The Pho soup here is outstanding, hot with lots of meat and other stuff to put in it. The portions, even the "small" are generous, and the prices are reasonable. We LOVE the egg rolls, both fried and non-fried with the fish-sauce and the peanut sauce.

Date of visit: January 2017

Reviewed December 4, 2016 via mobile

There are quite a few Pho restaurants in our area but in my opinion this one is the tastiest. I'm not alone as the place is never empty. When I dine at an ethnic restaurant I take a look at the clientele. If the people who are eating the food are of the same ethnicity as the restaurant then I take that as a clue the food is not just good but also culturally acceptable and not "dumbed down" so it appeals to a broader audience.

There are tons of Vietnamese people who eat here. Weekends are especially busy as large families are welcome. The service is always efficient and friendly. A wonderful family runs this place. They have low staff turnover which indicates they treat their people well too. They also have a lot of patience with requested changes to the food (no noodle, no problem!) and will remember what you like if you visit them often enough.

The broth is exceptional. I have read that there are different broth styles depending on whether the chef is from northern or southern Vietnam. This broth is very aromatic and tends toward the spice side - anise, cinnamon are very apparent. I prefer this style of broth.

The meat is also very good. But frankly a reason I keep returning is they have a true vegetarian option. You can get vegetarian broth with vegetables, unlike most Pho places that will serve veggies with meat broth.

Also, the fried spring roll is amazing. Not a lot of noodle filler and a nice black pepper nuance. Really my favorite roll in the area, regardless of which Asian I visit.

I love this place!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 15, 2016 via mobile

We used to live this place. They were friendly, generous and so on. In the past few years they have really started to nickel and dime you. They charge for a takeaway container, they give hardly any lime and charge an entire dollar for just a small bit of lime more. They try to hire the cheapest non English speaking help they can find. I wonder if they pay these guys under the table because the waiter hardly understood one word we were saying and got the entire order wrong.

That said, the food tastes good. We will keep our eyes out for others places because they have a lot of competition.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Tidy, super quick service, friendly and excellent broth at this local Pho place. There's other good choices in the area, but PhoVN is my favorite.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

In cooler months (August not so much) this is my go-to place for pho and either shrimp or summer rolls. Always clean and the sister's are lovely, gracious hostesses.

Date of visit: August 2016