“YUMMY food, but ordering can be confusing the first time you go...”

Sardi's Pollo A La Brasa
Ranked #27 of 129 Restaurants in Bowie
Reviewed November 9, 2017

My mom and I ate here for the first time in the beginning of November on a Wednesday around 11:30am.

Ordering was very confusing. We stood in line to order near the buffet area. When it was our turn, we started to give our order and were told we had to order at the "Pay Here" register. Apparently the line we were in was only for the chicken and sides. There were about 15 people behind us. I would have been mad if I waited in a long line only to be told to order at a different place. It was our first time here and there were no signs stating there were two different places to order. We ordered at the Pay Here register and told the employee it was our first time at the restaurant. We were given a number. We chose our table and waited on our food. Our food went in at 11:38am. We weren't sure if our food was brought out to us or if we waited at the counter to get it ourselves. 10 minutes after we ordered, my mom went up to the register. We were told someone would bring our food out. I wish the guy at the register mentioned that to us when we ordered. It would have been nice to know.

Once the confusion of ordering was over, we waited about 6 more minutes and our food arrived at 11:54am. My mom ordered the Quesadilla (flour tortilla with chicken, jack cheddar cheese) served with pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and Sardi's sauces. She loved it. The portions were huge. The ingredients were fresh and the quesadillas were stuffed to the brim with chicken. The chicken was tender and delicious. I ordered the Milanesa De Pollo (breaded chicken breast pan fried topped with a fried egg and served with white rice, fries, and salad) with Sardi's sauces. oh my word, it was delicious! I think I even did a little happy dance with the first bite. The salad was fresh. The rice was good. The chicken was juicy and moist and was seasoned perfectly. The chicken and the egg combination was yummy. I didn't care too much for the fries. They tasted like the frozen kind you'd buy in a bag and fix in the over.

Overall, the food was DELICIOUS. We were surprised we never stopped in there before because we definitely love the kind of food they serve. We will definitely return!

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Excellent fiid at great prices. Lunch with friends and had the quarter chicken plate. Sides of cole slaw and fried plantains.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Very spacious seating, clean, delicious food for a reasonable price, roasted chicken and large side dishes, nice latin desserts and drinks.

Reviewed September 7, 2017

We wanted to try something different, so we popped in. Main item is the rotisserie chicken. Some typical sides. and some native to Central/South America. The chicken was amazing, and we enjoyed the sides. we have returned a few times since our initial visit.

Reviewed June 17, 2017

My husband and I split a whole chicken and two sides for $19. You order at counter and go through the line. Besides super rotisserie Peruvian chicken, they have carne asada, chorizo, lamb, shrimp, salmon, and they had :"Lima Burritos" filled with chicken or steak and other stuffings). Even a mixed grill dinner for about $20 with 1/4 chicken, carne asada, shrimp and chorizo. We had leftovers which were great today. At the counter, they had pineapple drink, mango, and horchata. We had pineapple and mango... fresh and delicious. Also coolers with lots of U.S. and international drinks, incl coconut juice. We absolutely love this place! Great for families, and so much better of a deal than Nando's. About 8 sides... incl spinach w/garlic, plantains, potatoes, cole slaw, fried rice, white corn on cob, fries, baked beans. Comfort food with a Latin flair, and something for everyone. Chicken was flavorful but not crazy spicy. Also, they have sauce cups in 4 flavors, 2 spicy 2 mild. Husband's favorite was salsa roja, also had verde, blanco and amarillo. People were nice, restaurant and restrooms very clean, prices reasonable, very family friendly and comfortable. We definitely will be back! They also do catering, and I'm thinking about the possibilities.

Been to Sardi's Pollo A La Brasa? Share your experiences!