Comfort Inn Conference Center
US$159
Hampton Inn Bowie(Bowie)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$103
HIExpress.com
US$135
US$127
All reviewsfree breakfastbusiness centerstay there againthe room was niceroom keynext morninglobby areabeds were comfortableenjoyed my stayconvenient locationhowieannapolisfrigmaintenancelinens
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Don't be discouraged by the low-star rating. This place was fine. (And no bed bugs as other reviews have mentioned). We stayed from 9/12 to 9/18, an entire week.

We were put in a handicap room so it was a but roomier than others, I'm sure, but the room was okay, king bed was comfy enough, 25" CRT TV worked with normal cable channel lineup, free wifi in the rooms. Electrical outlets were a but tricky to come by to charge our two phones and other devices but we managed. There was a mini refrigerator in the room that sounded like darth vader breathing, a bit annoying but manageable. Complementary hot breakfast from 0630-0930, eggs, bacon, sausage, cereal, waffle press, muffins, it was decent as well.

They do have a lot of rooms for conferences so I can imagine it being busy but nothing was going on during our stay. They also had a business center with 3 really outdated computers but printing was free.

Our other two choices, the nearby Town Place Suites (Marriot) and Hampton Inn, were fully booked. So while I have had better hotel stays this one was not bad and there was nothing I would complain about.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hurmin8
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed here on business for a week, and this hotel was a respite. The room was nice -- pretty standard. It had a refrigerator and microwave, so I could bring my own food. This turned out to be a plus since the nearby restaurants were along the lines of Bob's Big Boy. The staff was nice, breakfast was OK. There was a gym.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank travelingyogi
Reviewed 15 August 2011

I had driven by a number of times and we thought about staying in the past, but were put off by the price. This time, I had plenty of rewards points saved up, and wanted to catch a Bowie Baysox game across the street, so we gave it a try. The hotel is located at the north end of a large shopping complex. That made it a bit tricky to get to, but convenient in that my wife and daughter could walk to some stores while I attended the ball game. We stayed one night after a long overnight ride from south Florida. We arrived mid-afternoon and were quickly checked in by the helpful front desk staff. That first impression was good, but we were a bit annoyed by a foulmouthed bickering family unpacking just outside the main entrance. The first set of key cards we were issued didn't work, but the front desk quickly reissued working keys. The room itself was decent. The only complaint was a stained and rusting area in the ceiling tiles in the bathroom. We had one of the first-floor rooms that has an outdoor entrance in addition to the one from the main corridor. This was convenient for us, but some might prefer not to have it, so it's something to consider when getting your room. We got a quick dinner at the hotel's restaurant, which was completely empty other than us. The food was decent and reasonably priced, and we welcomed the opportunity to keep out of the car for a little while after our long drive. We found the beds comfortable, and the hotel to be quiet even though our window faced US 301. The wireless Internet was a bit slow at times, but good enough for our purposes. In the morning, we encountered a big crowd in the restaurant for the complimentary hot breakfast. It was worth fighting the crowds, though, for what had to be the most extensive and tasty complimentary breakfast I've had in a long time. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, sausage and biscuits were all available in addition to the usual cold items and beverages. All in all, we were definitely satisfied and would not hesitate to stay again if circumstances allow.

Room Tip: Be sure to be aware that some first-floor rooms have a second outside entrance.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jtdriver
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I would have been able to give this hotel a much better rating if it weren't for the living area of the suite. The bedroom and bathroom were clean, but the living room was AWFUL!!! The smell was horrific and the furniture was dirty. Clearly, a party was thrown in this room and some damage was done. I did ask for another room, but all suites were booked. I also tried to find another hotel in the area but all were booked, so we were stuck there for 2 nights. We stayed in 6 hotels over the course of our trip and this was, by far, the worst one!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clarendonhillsmom
Reviewed 16 July 2011

I am a business traveler who usually stays at Courtyards, and was a little leery about staying at a Comfort Inn. This hotel was much better than I expected it to be. I enjoyed my free continental breakfast and visited the bar at the end of the day. Also, the beds were incredibly comfortable.

I would totally recommend this hotel to anyone who is doing business in the area.

Room Tip: Far better than expected.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business