“Favorite Japinese restaurant”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2016

This is a must every couple of weeks whether with co workers or wife. Eating at the grill, suchi or bento box it is all good.

Reviewed July 26, 2016 via mobile

I was one of the first in for the dinner shift and had a lovely meal. I had gyoza and two types of sushi, the volcano roll and the Ashahi hand roll. For my entree, I ate the hibachi steak and shrimp. Everything was great! The restaurant was clean, the fish very fresh and the service was prompt. I will definitely be recommending this to others.

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

This was my second visit to this very empty restaurant. My first was to indulge in the hibachi grill and the restaurant was quite empty during that time. This time I tried the sushi. I ordered unagi sashimi. I have traveled all over and All other Japanese restaurants I've visited provided a minimum of 3 pieces. However, this restaurant will only provide 2 per the Manager who was very nonchalant.

They have just lost a NEW customer. I'll continue to pay for what I order at restaurants that actually want my business! This is upsurb! No wonder they stay empty. I don't expect them to be in business much longer. How unfortunate!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2016

I would have to say Asahi, is the one of the few places that you can go every time and get a good meal and great service. I only go to dinner here for very special occasions though because it can get expensive, especially if you each order a meal, which are 2-3 meals in actuality. The portions are very large, the food is always delicious and I have never had bad service or a long wait. For a St. Mary's county, MD restaurant that is hard to find!

I will say for lunch during the week you cant beat it!

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Excellent sushimi and yellowtail fish necks.... very clean, fast service..Been there twice.My wife had the lobster dish and it was fantastic.