“Plaza Tolteca. Great food.”
Review of Plaza Tolteca

Plaza Tolteca
Ranked #26 of 52 Restaurants in California
Reviewed June 23, 2016 via mobile

We ordered takeout from here while staying at La Quinta, next door. Very generous portions: The menu indicates that the Parrillada Tolteca serves two, but it was so much food, you can feed at least three very hungry adults or even four. Great fresh chunky guacamole. Very cold drinks. We loved it.

Reviewed June 16, 2016

Whenever I crave high quality Mexican food, I go here (with family, coworkers and friends). Remember the letter 'T' for Toteca and go there and tried the amazing #150 Del Mar Fajitas (Scallops, Shrimps &Tilapia), which always last me at least 2 meals. The nacho chips, beans, guacamole, and rice are excellent as well! And the place doesn't smell like mold or cigarette!

Reviewed March 31, 2016

Locals brought me here as the best mex in the area. Chipolte would be 300X better - nothing good here about atmosphere, food or service. I will never return.

1  Thank Bill S
Reviewed February 27, 2016

Went here last week with my brother and his family. To be honest - the place was packed, so we thought the food must be good here. And it was! But, that was about all that was good here! We couldn't tell who was actually our server, as we had 3 different people attend to us during our visit and none of them seemed to be paying us much attention. If a restaurant is busy, the management there should be aware of the fact that they need enough staff to handle the restaurant. This did not seem to be the case here. We never got straws for our drinks, we had to get our own napkins as the server at that time was no where to be found. We asked twice for extra nachos and white sauce - nachos never came and the white sauce came at the end of our meal when we had finished all of our meals and there were no nachos left anyway. Nobody ever came around to refresh our drinks until near the end of the meal when we had to ask twice (again) for refills. The food - as I said previously - was great, but food alone does not make for a great restaurant experience! Hope this place can get their act together before it is too late - word of mouth spreads quickly here.

Reviewed November 14, 2015

My husband and I went here after receiving a gift card for the place. I ordered the grilled chicken salad and he ordered the street tacos. Both of us were very happy with our meals. I have never gotten a chicken salad with so much chicken on it. It was at least a full chicken breast if not more, and it was pleasantly seasoned. Rather than ranch dressing, though, I'd prefer an avocado vinaigrette or salsa mix. I have to warn you, though, that the salsa is very hot -- spicy hot. I don't know if it's always hot or if it just happened to be that night. I also don't know if you could ask for a milder salsa. There is the usual Southern Maryland ranch salsa, which isn't to my liking, but it seems to be very popular in this area.