“Horrible Internet Service......lots of noise....”

La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capitol Heights
Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed here for three nights recently. Just a warning, if you need to have internet service you might be best to book elsewhere. After visiting with staff as well as tech support for the internet provider, I know that this motel is well aware that it has internet issues. I could go on and on about the technical issues and I really hate to slam any motel, but until they re-do their system, don't count on reliable internet. I you must stay here and need internet, make sure you're on either the 1st, 3rd, or 5th floors away from the elevator. They are trying to use three separate routing systems and if you're lucky these areas provide the best service. Also, try not to stay on the east side of this motel as the road noise is deafening. Another hint, this motel caters to huge DC tour groups. If you're planning to get breakfast...which wasn't bad at all....make sure you find out when the groups plan to decend on the breakfast area and avoid that time. The staff was very nice, but like I said it was obvious that they know there's a problem with the internet.

Room Tip: Stay low and on the west side.....
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
askinnerm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights. You have my sincere apology that your stay was less than satisfactory. At the Comfort Inn, we take great pride in providing a clean, comfortable hotel with outstanding service. From time to time, there may be an issue that happens that cannot be foreseen. We apologize that you experienced a problem with our Complimentary Wireless Internet Service. I assure you that this problem was an isolated event, and has been corrected. We have installed a new router, as the existing one was failing to function correctly. We appreciate your business, and we do hope that we will have the opportunity to make it up to you during your next trip to the Washington, DC area. Please contact me at the hotel if you should need any special assistance. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway

Reviewed 9 May 2011

On Saturday, April 16th my husband and I were traveling from Maine with 4 of our kids to Washington D.C. for vacation. We had made hotel accommodations at one of the economy hotels nearby which were confirmed the preceding night to ensure our reservation was what we had requested and were told all was well. We arrived after a 10 hour drive only to learn that nothing was as reserved and the hotel was not able to accommodate our needs. Being spring break I was terrified we wouldn’t find a place to stay that we could afford because we were traveling on a very tight budget. I used my GPS to locate nearby hotels/motels and I took the chance of calling Comfort Inn because we have been clients before at different locations. The gentleman who answered the phone listened carefully to our needs, expressed his sympathy at our situation, and stated he’d take a look to see what he could do. Within minutes he had rooms and at a rate our budget could tolerate. I inquired if there were rooms available for the next several nights. Jarrell stated that he would see what he could do but explained we might have to change rooms if we wanted to continue staying there (which was fine by us). He worked his magic because we were able to stay the whole time at the Comfort Inn! The staff there was very friendly, quick to provide information, and service was the best we have received at any other hotel stays.

Louise , who managed the breakfast, was phenomenal at her task. I have never seen anyone who has kept everything stocked so as groups were cycled through no one felt that food wasn’t fresh or limited because items had been previously picked over. Tables were kept clean and nothing ever appeared “dirty”. It was nice to have fresh fruit as an option along with hot cereal. She runs a tight ship but that is what made such a big impression on us.

I have no idea who cleaned our rooms but when we returned from our D.C. tourist adventures our rooms were nice and tidy. Although the room had shown signs of age, it was always clean.

We truly hope that this review helps convey what a great staff is working at this location. It was Jarrell’s first impression of expressing his willingness to help us through a tough moment that made us want to stay there and it was everyone else we encountered who reinforced why we chose to continue staying there. We are already planning our next visit to D.C. and will be staying here again (and we have already given out this establishment’s name and number out to several of our friends who are looking at visiting the area).

There is an outside pool but it wasn't the right time of the season for swimming. Metro bus is right there but we chose to take the train into the city which was a very short drive down the street, parking fee was $4.75/day but get there early to ensure parking availability because it fills up quickly or you can have the hotel drop you off/pick you up. Just let them know your needs.

Draw backs: internet slow due to amount of people using it; some of the rooms show age but were always clean.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk and they'll help
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your glowing review of our hotel. All of here at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights work extremely hard to ensure that our guests are a great stay with us. It is truly rewarding to receive feedback from our guests such as this. Our team members get very motivated, especially when they are mentioned by name. We are all looking forward to your return when you have a chance to come back to the Washington, DC area! It was a great pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed 24 April 2011

i actually stayed at the hotel from dec.2008 to feb. 2009! it was a hard and painful time in my life, i had lost my job and home and my kids and i had no where to go, so we ended up at the comfort inn hotel! i have never encountered such kind, pleasant and helpful people in my life, meaning the staff, they did so much to make us comfortable, safe and overall happy, it felt as if they were family! this is what i needed during my hard time, i can never thank them for every thing they did for my kids and i, but i assure you i will never forget it, they have become and will always be family to me. from the bottom of my heart, i say thank you comfort inn staff for being there for me and my kids, you are truly the best.

Room Tip: clean rooms and terrific staff and management
  • Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2011

The hotel was in a great location shopping ,eatery, sightseeing. Everything I needed was in good travel distance. The places that I needed to go were close by. My visit was for a basketball tournament and every one parents,teammates and coaches enjoyed there stay. With the excepetion of not enough choices of the contenential breakfast. We will be BK next yr.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
askinnerm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Dear Wifey95563,

Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. We greatly enjoyed having you and your team stay with us, and can't wait to see you again next year. By the next time you arrive, we will have upgraded our breakfast program, which will include many different delicious choices. Good luck to the team for the rest of the season, and see you in 2012!

Reviewed 4 January 2011

The service was a great pleasure as usual from the front desk reps to the housekeeping and other staff. AS USUAL. My rooms were warm, comfortable, clean,had all the the things I needed to go with what i brought with me to make my stay fantastic. The location is in a perfect city that makes it very easy for my reason to stay here at Comfort Inn Capitol Heights, Md due to my daughter is enrolled in one of the military school close by. What I like best about my many stays is I get to see faces that familiar and they all are caring and concern about that everything is to my pleasing fron the check-in to the check-out. I have visit this location in the past 18 monrths and from the first visit to the last I always get to same if not better services and see my friends I've made here namely (Marcus) Asst. Mgr. He is so wonderful and I feel right at home. So, this what keeps me coming back and referring this hotel to my family and friends everytime. that why I personally don't want to stay anywhere else

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
askinnerm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2011

Dear Zulata2,

On behalf of all of my staff at the Comfort Inn Capitol Heights, thank you very much for your kind words. Whenever we receive a review such as yours, our Comfort Inn really shines. Your review was very heartfelt and warm. We all can't wait to see you again during your next visit with us!

Reviewed 23 November 2010

The Standard answer from The Comfort Inn FEDEX Field Motel staff was "We don't know". The implication was that they didn't care either. I'll give you one example: A Standard question from me late on a Weekend Night was is "What is the Phone # for Pizza"? 95% of thed Motels have that info ready. The answer here was "Let me see if I can find it." The only exception was a petite Light Skinned African American Female, who produced a list and gave me a phone # to call for a cab to close bars and restaurants. The Limo Driver let me struggle with 2 bags and a cane rather than getting out of his cab to assist me.
The Continental Breakfast was very modest, no scrambled eggs, 'tatoes or Biscuits and Gravy. And the attendant always seemed to be in the way. The rooms itself were fine and very clean. The location is great. It is a Half Mile from the Metro stop (Morgan Park) and 2 miles from FedEx Field. It is also close to the old Capitol Centre which is now a mall. The Comfort Inn will pick you up from the Metro Stop. I'm sure a new caring Manager would fix up the staff problems.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo

Dear Bobbyc1938,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than exceptional. I assure you that this is not typical of our hotel and major improvements have been made. Every day and every night we strive to provide the very best in guest satisfaction. I do hope that you will give us another chance to regain your business during your next trip to Capitol Heights. Again, thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Reviewed 17 November 2010

Good location if going to Fedex Field. Its a short drive, or a brisk 30-40min walk.

Overall the hotel was okay. Service was good, rooms were so so (little dated and dirty), beds were quite comfy, most of the hotel and rooms smelt like stale cigarette smoke, and the breakfast was a little sub standard (no hot dishes other than make your own waffles).

For the price I paid, I cant complain too much..you get what you pay for and there wasn't much else in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Reddon14,

Your review of our hotel is greatly appreciated. We do strive to provide all of our guests will excellent service and good, clean accomodations. Just food for thought... Comfort Inn will be starting a new Breakfast very soon, which we are very proud that we will be serving it. Our new breakfast will include hot items such as scrambled eggs and sausage or bacon. We are all looking forward to it. I hope that you will return to us during your next trip to Capitol Heights!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitol Heights
0.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
2.2 km away
2.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
2.2 km away
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway? Share your experiences!