“best Jerk chicken”

The Jerk Pit
Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Description: College Park Island Paradise. Authentic Jamaican Cuisine while enjoying authentic food, full bar, outdoor seating and Music. Open 7 days.
Reviewed January 3, 2018

The food is very good. So far this is the best Jerk chicken I have had and so I keep going back for that. The stew chicken is very good. Oxtail is not bad. The service is not fast so don't be in a rush.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed November 10, 2017 via mobile

I was very excited to try the Jerk Pit. On the positive side, the flavor is excellent. The down side is that for the $ they are rather chincy on serving sizes of the chicken - heavy on sides light on meat. I hope they improve but i am hesitant to try them again.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017

We almost didn't find this place, which seems to do a lot of take out and delivery, judging by the clientele. You need to know where it is, since it's a house on the ramp from Baltimore Ave to University Blvd and you can pass it before recognizing the bright colored fence--we did, and had to make a U turn. IT's an old-looking, run down house that has been converted into a restaurant, but obviously quite the hang out on weekends, judging by the signs not to make a mess in the yard or parking lot.

We shared a jerk chicken and mango drink for $15.25, and it was excellent--juicy and just a bit spicy. There were other options, but this looked like the best deal..

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 30, 2017

I was on my way to a fast food restaurant on Rte. 1 near the hotel in which I stayed. At the end of the sidewalk, just before the ramp/bridge leading to restaurants closer to campus, I find the Jerk Pit. I had seen it earlier, but forgot it was there.

I highly recommend the Jerk Chicken. It was moist and tender. The rice and peas and steamed vegetables were great as well. The takeout came in a small container, but was packed with food. They have a good selection there and a Sunday buffet. I will be back.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 18, 2017

Mainly a chicken place with different sides. The food is good and filling as long as you like the choices they have.

Date of visit: March 2017
myjerkpit, Owner at The Jerk Pit, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Did you take a look at our menu? We have a much wider selection than just chicken. There is pork, goat, oxtail, shrimp, fish, salmon and tofu. In addition, we have ackee and Saltfish, stew peas and other vegetarian options and sides. We encourage you to try our wide variety of menu items. We are sure you will enjoy it all.