“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in College Park
Millville, New Jersey
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We stayed here one night while my husband participated in a volleyball tournament at the University of Maryland down the street. The property was close to where we needed to be, right off the highway, which was nice. There are also plenty of places to eat nearby. We stayed with our two kids and my brother and sister in law in one room. When we booked online we were under the impression that the room sleeps 5 adults but there was no pull out or couch when we arrived. The room was nice though so we didn't bother bringing it to the attention of the staff, we made it work. Everything was clean, new TV, nice bathroom, & comfy beds. We weren't cramped in spite of the number of people we had staying in there! Our floor was quiet throughout the night. There is breakfast included with your stay which had an excellent selection of hot and cold items plus 3 coffee choices (which is important to me!) It looked like the coffee was available all day as well. The front desk was very polite and struck up a conversation with us. Check in and check out were both speedy. Check out isn't until 12 which is great for us since we travel with an infant. We also checked in pretty early in the morning with no issues. I would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank MrsTirrell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Berkeley Heights, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed 3 night during mtg in silver springs, MD. Definitely need a car since you are no where near the metro. On the other hand it is located just two minutes from I95.

Bed is okay but nothing special otherwise hotel is in good shape except for gym (pitiful).

• Stayed November 2011
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here for one brief night en route to Washington, D.C. from Pennsylvania. It was much cheaper than staying closer to the city but still took me only about 20 minutes to get downtown early the next morning (longer, of course, later in the day). The hotel is well managed, clean, and comfortable. The rooms are typical for Hampton Inns but have all the usual amenities, including a small fridge. I left at 5 a.m. but the breakfast was already set up, and offered the usual assortment of fruits, cereals, muffins, eggs, etc. Overall I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting either College Park or en route to Washington. My cost ($132) seemed reasonable for near D.C.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Tampa Bay, Florida
Reviewed 20 September 2011

During our stay here we had to switch rooms twice since both rooms assigned to us smelled sour and bitter from dirty wet rags.

They offered a breakfast with a sausage that is extremely cheap-tasting. I hope they have changed that since.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOE J
Richmond,VA
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Very convenient to UMD, therefore has a lot of students/family staying there and can be a bit noisy. However, the rooms are nice and clean and it is otherwise a nice Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This was my fourth stay at this Hampton Inn. It's right off the Washington Beltway (I-495) just a couple miles from I-95. Convenient to University campus. Like the other Hampton Inns where I've stayed, this one was commendably clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly, the room was nicely furnished and equipped, The free breakfast was quite good -- scrambled eggs, kielbasa, fried potatoes and a big variety of cereals, breads, juices, fresh fruit, etc. And, of course, excellent coffee available any time. (There are also coffee makers in the rooms.) There is a medium-size indoor pool and fitness center, as well as a complimentary business center. Free wi-fi in the sleeping rooms. IHOP restaurant on the property.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator. Elevator bell can be annoying.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Stayed here for orientation for my daughter at UMD. good location near the school and also to restaurants. Hotel is nice and rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and felt very safe in the hotel. there is a very small gym but it was fine. the morning breakfast was fine, average for that type of thing, but the coffee was excellent.
Only problem is I had no hot water inthe shower
which was annoying. they said hotel was full so maybe that was the
problem but I had no hot water at night and then no hot water the next am.
It was luke warm. Anyway, I complained nicely and they gave me a free night on my next stay.
All in all it was a very comfortable

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Days Inn College Park
#9 of 11 in College Park
4.8 km away
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Hampton Inn - College Park? Share your experiences!