“Good fresh seafood”

Ranked #7 of 122 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed November 14, 2017

I'm torn on this place. Food was good, I had the shrimp tacos, but the menu was the same for lunch and dinner, so lunch was a little pricey. The place was a little cold, it being fall and all maybe the heater just wasn't turned on high enough. There is ample street parking and is a quiet neighborhood with a few other small businesses. They had several draft micro beers and a good price for HH. The place isn't very big but not small either. Maybe seating for 40 or more? This is a place where you order at the counter and they bring you the food. I'll give it another try.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

My 5-star rating is not meant to put Fishnet in the same category as fine dining restaurants like Iron Gate Tasting Room in D.C., another restaurant to which I've given top honors. But for what it is -- a casual neighborhood restaurant where you order at the counter -- it's great! The fish is fresh and delicious -- mahi-mahi tacos are our favorites -- french fries are great, beer selection is good, staff is friendly, pace is laid-back. We visit College Park on business at least once a year, and have been to Fishnet 4 or 5 times. It remains our go-to restaurant in College Park.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

Yesterday, I returned to Fishnet after not visiting for nearly a year. It had been a long busy day. I decided to go to Fishnet for a treat and was so happy I did. I love seafood and nearly every item offered sounded great. They have expanded the menu a bit to great result. I made my selection with the help of the friendly, patient young lady at the counter. I chose the shrimp toco. It was perfection.

1  Thank maxymouse08
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Unless you are familiar with eating establishments in College Park, you would never find this gem Fishnet. I love going here for their fish tacos, platter, salads. The food is exceptionally prepared and very FRESH. The very casual "island" feel to the restaurant adds to the charm. You can BYOB or purchase beer & wine by the glass as well. In warmer climate there are umbrella picnic tables outside...all so very close to the University of Md. The owner was a chef at well respected and rated restaurant in DC and has since opened another establishment after Fishnet in the Shaw area.

1  Thank julie f
Reviewed August 7, 2017

It had been awhile since I last dined at Fishnet. After a recent dinner can't imagine going back. I got salmon tacos. Very small portion of overcooked salmon in each of my 3 tacos. They also left the skin on and it was messy removing it. My wife got fried mahi mahi tacos. Those also overcooked and over breaded. Two other of the group got salads and had no comment as to their taste. Since I picked the restaurant, their silence tells me they did not want to criticize my choice.