All reviews the bus great campground camp store mini golf washington dc metro system bus service bath house laundry facilities splash pad star cafe night tour hot tub tent camping public transportation full hookups fire ring
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Let me start by saying you will NEVER find a cleaner campground! This place was so well kept it blew us away. Our first stop was to checkin at the office which is also the main store/souvenir shop. The staff was very friendly and offered us not only the metro/bus schedules but also gave us every piece of info we would need for the ammenities of the campground. We easily found our cabin which was perfect for just the four of us and my son Loved the bunkbeds. Sure the occassional bugs got in but they were few and far between. Again the place was gorgeous and very well maintained. The bathhouse was less then 10 ft from us and again....spotless. The conference center was a hit for the kids as they loved the gameroom and ice cream at the cafe. Also let me say the women working the cafe were very friendly and hospitable. We saw the pool but werent able to use due to all the sightseeing. The movies at night was cool looking too but the weekend seemed to be all movies geared towards little girls "matilda" "prince & me" etc so my son had no desire to watch. The laundry room came in handy as well. If I had to find something negative it would be very difficult but I guess if i were to camp in a tent or looking for a rv campground that had alot of actual wooded area around me I would pass since those areas were very open and close together. But we enjoyed every day there so much so my son was in tears leaving. I HIGHLY recommend this campground for anyone wanting a D.C trip without being stuck in a hotel or motel. VERY clean, LOVED that they are a GREEN campground, and VERY family oriented. ALSO dont forget to take the kids on the weekend tractor rides!!

Room Tip: Go for the cabins!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at Cherry Hill Park, for the most part. It has a shuttle to the Metro that stops at a bus station inside the park. We are from out of state and never use public transportation. The attendant at the bus station acted as if we were stupid when we asked questions about the Metro. The park is clean and well maintained. The staff is helpful and friendly, with the exception of the bus station attendant.
The restaurant is OK. It is more like a snack shop. The laundry is great.
When I travel it is always business/personal and I must maintain contact with my office and access my e-mails. Wi-Fi is only available at a few of the sites. They also have a way to slow it down if they think you are using too much. I am sure a lot of people watch movies with streaming video which slows the system down. The system is inadequate for the size of the park. I had to go to the restaurant or the office to get on-line. I could connect to the system at the site, but I could not access the Internet. I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as "a free lunch" or a Free Wi-Fi connection. The costs of the Wi-Fi, electricity, water, maintenance are all factored in to the price charged per night for the site. Therefore, I did not get what I paid for because of the Wi-Fi issues.
Also, I probably wouldn't stay there again because of the lack of Wi-Fi and the forty mile trip to the tourist locations in Washington, D.C. I would have been as well off at the Fairfax County Campground and using McDonald’s or Denny’s for Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank BakersfieldWanderer
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Cherry Hill is the proto type for all RV parks!
Spent a week there while touring and working in DC. Great staff, excellent accommodations and loaded with extra amenities.
The Metro bus stops at the park. Staff provided information, maps and pass purchases on siite.
Store, restaurant, laundry, RV supplies, gift shop and references for RV repairs when needed.
Only improvement would be better WiFi and better pricing.
We will definitely make this our choice for our next DC trip!!
We traveled with a 40' motor home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

What a convenient and pleasant way to visit the museums and national monuments of DC! Very well-maintained and appointed campground and RV park. We stayed for 4 days and 3 nights with our small travel trailer at a shady site just a stone's throw from the large covered pavilion where the city bus stops once very half hour to hour to take you right to the commuter train station. In less than 45 minutes you are at the National Mall without having to worry about driving congested confusing streets or worrying about (and paying for) parking.

The sites are all roomy, each having a picnic table and grill (some premium sites have outdoor tables and chairs on small patios). The shower and bath houses are extremely clean and newly remodeled. Each shower has a spacious private dressing room with benches, hooks and storage cubbies -- lots of hot water too. There is a lovely swimming pool plus a kiddy pool and play area, all in a small complex with an ice cream bar and indoor restaurant (nothing fancy, but decent grill type food and pizza). There is a wooded quiet area for tent campers, back away from the somewhat noisy adjacent highway (the only downside is highway noise near the front areas of the park.) The main building where you check in has a small but well stocked grocery and hardware store and plenty of information on tourist options for the region. They even sell beer and wine. The staff is professional, helpful and attentive. The grounds are nice with a hiking trail that goes for over a mile through the woods around the perimeter of the park (if you bring your kids, take them on a flashlight after dark hike through here -- great spooky fun!) There are a couple of small ponds on the property (no swimming, but you have the pool for that.)

We had a really nice time, even though we discovered our truck had blown a transmission cooler line. But no worries -- we had brought our bicycles and pedaled about 6 miles on Sunday to an auto parts place in a nearby strip Mall and got what we needed to fix it.

There is a Giant food market less than 1.5 miles down the road in a large shopping mall (you pass it when you leave the highway to head to the RV park). We stocked up there and had dinner there the second night at a very good Italian restaurant -- forgot the name but it is to the right of the grocery store.

It was a really nice place to stay and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you don't like the site they assign to you, they are very flexible about letting you pick another that might be available.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank brickpilot
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great park, two pools, well cared for RV spots. The office was very helpful with all the answers you have to any event or location. Very organized. A little pricey, but closest to DC. You can hear the traffic all night from the highways near by, but after doing the tourist thing all day, it does not last long before you sleep. This was our 3rd visit here. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family