“Great Korean BBQ”

Kangnam Bbq Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #64 of 138 Restaurants in College Park
Reviewed September 9, 2016

This was our 1st visit. The place is very nice. There is a dessert bar in front and 3 dining areas. There are over 27 tables for 4 with gas burners. The burners can be used for BBQ or Hotpot. We arrived on Labor Day Monday at 6PM. There were several tables occupied but lots of free space. We were seated immediately in the rear. Jorge our server was very good, he was kitchen staff and now a server for several months. We ordered the Redskins Combo for 2-3 people ($45 Chicken, Pork & Beef brisket). There were 11 strips of pork (looked like huge bacon strips), lots of chicken & beef. The Tofu Soup was excellent, it came out in a hot iron pot and was full of ingredients. The pork had a lot of fat, the beef brisket & chicken were excellent. They provide 2 bowls of rice and plenty of romaine for wrapping the meat. condiments provided were kim chi, green beans & a romaine salad. Everything was great! We didn't believe it but we ate it all. It was delicious! We ordered a Lychee bubble tea to go, it was super delicious! Very tasty to the last drop. We will return!!

1  Thank sunfun4850

Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

I ate here while on a business trip. The food is authentic korean bbq. They gave you plenty of stores and the staff was super friendly. Everything was amazing. Even the bubble tea! The atmosphere is different than most korean bbq I've been to in that they don't play kpop but the food is great.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

I brought my friends of whom consisted of full to half Koreans and well.......First of all it is customary to have starters at the beginning of the meal called Banchan that usually consist of a good dozen variety of appetizer style dishes. Well the server only gave us 6 and boy the ladies were not pleased. So that was quickly fixed. Next the server of whom was Caucasian could not answer any of our question in terms of the differ type of soju they carried. Very frustrating. The server seemed lost as to how to start the grill and a bit confused about what meets he was serving. This is by far not an authentic Korean restaurant and like I said if you are Korean or familiar with the cuisine you will be disappointed.

Reviewed December 30, 2015

This restaurant took me by surprise. I had only been to a few other Korean Bbq and never thought much of the experience. Initially I had no intention of eating there until my friends dragged me along ... and boy was I glad they did! The service was excellent, the food was delicious, and the entire atmosphere makes you feel welcome and comfortable!

1  Thank darionarnold
Reviewed October 13, 2015 via mobile

So my fiancée and I decided to order from this Korean BBQ place the other night and had such high hopes. Our first mistake was ordering from grubhub!!! We placed our order around 6:50 around 7:15 we receive a email that the order has been cancelled!!! Ummm okay but my card had already been charged so we call kangnam BBQ to see what's going on. They have no idea but insist that we place a order with them via phone and grubhub will refund me my money. So we
Go ahead and place our order through them and use my card once again. It's not 8:15 and still no food has shown up!!! We call back to seen what the hold up is because the place is literally 7 Minutes up the road from our place. When we call they tell us our food never got made or went out they apologize they had to void the transaction again and wanted the card number over again. Well now my card has two pending charges one from grubhub and one from kangnam BBQ and still no food. They try to help the situation by saying they will take care of one meal...well at this point the entire thing should be free. So three card charges later and now 9:40 our food finally arrives COLD. We have to microwave it and not to mention our beef looks like something you would get on a steak and cheese at a carry out. It was nothing special about the food half of it I didn't eat because it wasn't up to par. I would never eat here again not even if it was the last place on earth. I doubt they will be open for long. I'm a restaurant manager and that type of service and lack of organization won't get them very far. I'm sure we aren't the first or last customers they will lose because of it. So I could have spent less money at Wendy's and had a better experience. 38 dollars down the drain!!!!

2  Thank Alaina A