“Long Live The Queen”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Union Jack's is a little to large in the main bar area to be a cozy pub, but they do their best with what they have including that great famous picture of the Beatles (circa 1963) heading from the BBC hanging to the right of the bar. For happy hour they had $3 pints of Blue Moon and $5 personal pizzas that were very good. My Newcastle had seasoned chicken and a sweet Newcastle ale BBQ sauce while the Regent Street contained baby spinach, roasted red peppers, olives, tomatoes, mushrooms and olives.
They have a long bar with a great beer selection as well as other smaller dining areas in the restaurant and a nice outdoor seating area. Service was outstanding. It had been a few years since our last visit but we won't that long for a return trip one late summer night to the outdoor patio.patio

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed April 15, 2017

Went in expecting a 'British Pub' experience, what we got was a pretty non-descript room that did not have the cozy feel we expected. I ordered the Corned Beef and it was, at best, dry, besides being cut with the grain that made it tough. The best thing was a Blackened Chicken Pasta, something I would look for at a 'New Orleans' type place, the Creamy Tomato Sauce had some depth of flavor and a nice heat.

The beer list was extensive, but the bartender was a rude woman who ignored me, even though I was standing right in front of her (the place was empty for the most part). Once we sat at a table, the Server was attentive, perhaps new, as he kept coming back, almost nervous several times.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Perfect place to wind down after a grueling work day. After much needed cocktails, our appetizers, crab soup, and dinners were nicely presented and very good.
Erika was an excellent server!

Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

Good eats, decent service...The theme is a little tired. Fish n Chips were delicious. A little too pricey, but that is probably just indicative of the location... Wouldn't not go again, just wouldn't seek it out...

1  Thank GWHJR
Reviewed March 18, 2017

I'll start with the good. Solid beer selection, plenty of parking (which was nice on St. Paddy's Day), and banoffee pie on the menu. That's about it. Unfortunately, the banoffee pie was just OK (a bit light on the banana), and the rest of the food was just average. We had salmon bites and bangers and mash, neither of which was very well seasoned. Bar service was also horrendous. I understand it was St. Paddy's Day, but it wasn't that crowded and it took us more than 20 minutes to close out our tabs at the end of night, and that was with us standing right at the bar. I've heard their other locations are better, so perhaps I would give them a second chance because in theory I want to like this place, but I wouldn't bother coming to this location again.