“Don't Waste Time”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Visited Union Jack for lunch recently and was disappointed. Restaurant needs cleaning and overhaul. Menu for lunch was not very exciting. Settled on fish and chips and the fish was dry. Asked for some additional sauce and it was 15 mins arriving (it was not busy). Too many other good places to eat in Columbia.

Reviewed October 17, 2017

My husband and I stopped by Union Jacks for appetizers. We ordered sweet potato fries and pretzels with crab dip.
First, let me start off by saying the entire restaurant really needs a good cleaning and update, there is paint flaking, dirty floors, sticky tables and the bathroom was just as bad. We should of just left ..but we decided to give it a chance.
The "crab dip" like substance came out and resembled glue ....honestly i have no idea what was in it ..but it was not crab dip. I tried 1 bite and we left the rest. The sweet potato fries were cold, we had a couple and then we both lost our appetite.
In addition to the terrible food, there was a waitress/server who was having an argument with a man and kids at the table next to us (appeared to be a domestic dispute) ...
All around a terrible experience ...we left and will never ever return!! Union Jacks management, please clean up your restaurant, keep a closer eye on your staff, and fix the food !

Reviewed October 8, 2017

The food and drinks were fare you would find anywhere in your average sports bar which is what this place is. Tv's everywhere and very loud when games are on.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

We went to Union Jacks in June of this year to celebrate my son graduating from High School. We had a party of 9 and got there right when the place opened.(we were the first customers in the building) The hostess seated us and we bagan to order drinks and food. About an hour and a half into our day our waitress informed us that we would have to move out location since they had a large party coming in and they had accidently seated us in the area they were holding for them. Long story short when the manager/owner finally had the guts to come out instead of sending her waitress and explained herself and offered us a free round of "Draft Beer or rail drinks". You seated us, this is on you and that's all you can do to clean up your mistake. Needless to say I won't be going there anymore.

Reviewed July 16, 2017

...with restaurants. We all have bad days, and running a wait staff can in itself can be all-consuming for many establishments. So, for us, it's 3 strikes you're out. Usually that occurs over a period of time. This place nailed it within 15 minutes of our 1st visit!

It was apparent on my trip to the men's room that the place was dirty which I brought up to the Babe on my return. She decided to give it a shot and grab a bite as time was limited (and what she saw coming out looked decent). We ordered drinks and ordered some Nachos with queso.

Then Horrors! an unusual dragonfly-ish bug showed up on the Babe's napkin! I dispose of the pest and the waiter gasps and brings another setup. "OK, OK, the doors are opened up for the alfresco diners. Anything can drop by.", says the Babe.

Again I prompt for immediate exiting! Too late he comes the Nachos. With a liquid being sold to us as some kind of cheese recipe. Nothing stuck to a chip but rather just rinsed whatever was on the chip in the 1st place. "That's enough!" says the Babe. We asked for an immediate check so we can try another place nearby that had good TA review scores. But one more Final Horror, the apology visit from the manager (who we noted was in no rush to get to us. We could have skipped out but he was bringing the drink check.).

Bottom Line: THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY BETTER OPERATORS SECONDS AWAY!!!