“100s of hotel options, I'd stay here every time!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia

Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
King George, Virginia
“100s of hotel options, I'd stay here every time!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I travel every week of the year except vaca and holidays. My rate for hotels and options are wide open with my company, so I could go to a full-service hilton or Homewood, etc. However, being here over the years, it has become home away from home. I was remembered by staff, always taken care of by front desk, maintenance and housekeeping. Breakfast has a few more items than usual and it's free, unlike the other hotels. Internet is super fast. The staff is great and have a myriad of restaurants to suggest. You know, as a traveler, you don't just want the same old thing all the time. They have a huge list of restaurants you can't find anywhere else. From a business traveler to another, Hampton will satisfy at every turn. Enjoy your travels!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a bit more room in them. Don't be afraid to get a room on the roadside, the la...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always our pleasure to create a home away from home for business travelers. We realize that traveling isn't easy so we want all of our guests to be as comfortable as possible when they arrive at Hampton Columbia. Thank you so much for sharing and we so look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lowell, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stay here regularly for work (36+ times a year). The people who work here, from the front desk staff and breakfast crew, to the maids and maintenance folks are all great. For a business stay, this hotel meets all of the necessary criteria: it is clean, well-managed, and spacious enough to take care of business. Also, the beds are very comfortable, which s typical for the Hampton Inn brand.

Room Tip: I prefer the 4th floor corner rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and it was truly our pleasure to have you here. We are all committed to making sure all of our guests feel at home when they visit us for the first time or are returning to visit us again! We are delighted we can be of service and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

First, the staff was excellent and very accomodating. I especially remember the manager coming out to greet us and making sure out every needs were met. I've been to many five star hotels, but the staff at this hotel went above and beyond excellent customer service.

Room Tip: You won't go wrong staying at this hotel if you're coming to Maryland. Also, it's very...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 14 April 2012
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. There are also many exciting things to do and events to attend in the Columbia area as well. Don't forget about the upcoming Sheep and Wool festival May 5 and 6, M3 Rock concert May 12th and 13th and the Preakness Horseracing and Wine in the Wood on May 19th and 20th. As always, we love having you here and look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and I had a very enjoyable stay at the Hampton Inn Columbia. The hotel was immaculate and well maintained. It actually looked brand new. We found the staff to be very hospitable, accommodating and professional. I almost felt like I was being treated like family. I still can't get over how very clean the hotel was and up to date. The breakfast that they served had a lot of variety and was very good. It's always great to stay at a hotel that provides free wi-fi and their indoor pool and Jacuzzi were very clean and welcoming. We also had a jacuzzi in our suite- a first for me while staying at a Hampton Inn. I was wowed by the size of the jacuzzi and truly appreciated the enormous size of the bathroom. Our suite had a fridge and microwave. They were very clean. Flat screen TVs are the norm, and the bed was very comfortable. We love the fact that the hotel is in such a wonderfully convenient place-right off a major highway. If you want to go to DC, no problem, Historical Ellicott City, no problem, Baltimore, no problem. If you don't drive and feel like visiting a restaurant, no problem - many are in walking distance. All in All, this hotel is NOT a 5 star resort. What it is is is a well attended immaculate clean hotel with a comfortable vibe that screams convenience! Don't forget to grab a freshly baked cookie upon check-in.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank lilmai_mai
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and it was truly our pleasure to have you here. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Columbia. We love having you here!
Chesapeake
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

This hotel is up at the typical good quality of a Hampton Inn. Had a good night's sleep and a good breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and wanted to inform you of several events that will be occurring in the area you might enjoy! Our annual Sheep and Wool festival is scheduled for May 5th and 6th of this year. The M3 Rock festival to be held at Meriweather Post Pavillion is scheduled for May 12th and 13th and Wine in the Woods and the Preakness race is scheduled for May 19th and 20th! We would love to welcome you back to Hampton Columbia and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you so much for giving us the opporunity to serve you!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

I arrived late via BWI. Instead of grabbing some junk food closer to the airport/Baltimore, I foolishly tried to find a drive through closer to the facility. This was a mistake, all but the local wendy's were closed and the food there was fowl at midnight - it was obviously cooked earlier and kept warm for a long time.

So, as long as out of hours dining isn't on your agenda, this hotel was a nice, smooth transaction and stay. It was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

I have to admit, that if I had read the review on here (from David, below) about the Fred Phelps connection with the management, that I wouldn't given them my patronage. I don't think that religious fundamentalism and business should be mixed, let alone hate-crime groups that wish death upon people.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NCLimey
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Staff was very helpful, especally when I needed directions to the local hospital. Hotel was clean. Good breakfast except for the powdered eggs.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family