“So Accommodating....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Columbia

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hampton Inn Columbia
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Columbia
Philly
“So Accommodating....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

We stayed in this hotel with my sons baseball team during a tournament in Maryland. The hotel was so nice to us. We were a big group - 13 fourteen year old boys and their parents and siblings. We took up most of the public spaces in the hotel and the staff their was so accommodating. The rooms were very clean and smelled really fresh - comfy beds. The pool was nice - located in a sunny spot on the first floor - not isolated in the basement somewhere. We parents could sit in the common room and watch the flat screen tv and keep and eye on what was going on in the pool area through a nearby full view window.

Also - my room was on the first floor and I am a very light sleeper. I had no issues with noise.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
I was so thrilled to hear you had a great stay with us! We love hosting our sports teams and we know having a pool to keep the kids occupied is important. I am so glad eveyone had a good time and staff when you return is always here and at your service. Come back and see us again soon, we all love having you here at Hampton Columbia!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Metro Detroit
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

It's the typical Hampton Inn with decent enough rooms, fairly comfy beds, LG flatscreen TVs (with the usual hotel scretched or blackboxed tv video), ok hot-cold breakfast fixin's, and a very warm pool ... this is where the service ends.... it seems for the 3 days/2 nights we stayed .... they would NEVER have any towels in the pool area... forcing guests to trapse soaking wet to the front desk and beg for towels. The front desk seemed somewhat unsympathetic and definitely unconcerned about the situation. I'd forgive a saturday night with a fairly packed house, but a lightly filled Sunday night crowd .... that's just lazy... especially considering it happened just the night before as well. They seemed determined to NOT find a solution for customers. The 2nd night, we look first in the pool area and would we see there were no towels so we asked the fornt desk for some and the only towels available IN THE WHOLE HOTEL were few hand towels. I think I'd be wholly embarassed about that situation but the clerk was unphased by it. I'd go get some towels from a room that was not expected to be occupied and get the bath towels... like I said, lazy. I especially felt anger when I remembered that I paid full/typical rate price ($150/night) for this room .... and we can't get a basic such as towels...

The rest of the stay was up to normal Hampton Inn standards which is generally just fine for my family trips.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
I would like to thank for your comments and we so much appreciate you staying with us. Regarding your comment about pool towels, we consistently strive to make sure pool towels are available for all of our guests when the pool is open and our staff is always here to assist and accommodate any and every guest request. I am sorry you did not feel this was the case but I can assure you, that is our goal. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia and please contact me directly if I can ever be of service.
Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

The hotel staff could not do enough for us. They made our staff feel special. The facility is located in a nice area within easy travel to fine food facilities that accommodate everyone's budget. The hotel is immaculate and the landscaping is flawless. Best yet - there is always a supply of good hot cookies and the breakfeast service is great.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. I prefer the first floor next to the conference room where I conduct cla...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
I was delighted to hear the stay was enjoyable and we were so glad to have you at Hampton Inn. We really want to make sure our guests feel at home when they are here on business or pleasure and we love to make sure our guests enjoy our fresh baked cookies daily. Please visit us again when you return and we'll make sure the cookies are fresh and hot just out of the oven! We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia! Have a wondeful upcoming holiday weekend!
Rockaway, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I normally love Hampton Inn. This one is sparkling clean and looks brand new. The staff is friendly and the pool looks inviting. The problem with in - paper thin walls. You can hear every 4 year old running down the hallway as well as the hotel staff chatting as they work. I definitely expect more from a Hampton.

Other negatives - I found the bed uncomfortable. It was very hard and I woke up with a stiff back. Also there were zero (of 2) available electrical outlets at the bed.

Positives - good (but standard) breakfast. Very clean. Friendly staff

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Rick S
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 21 May 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and I was so glad you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel clean and the staff friendly and accommodating! Please let us know when you visit us again if you encounter challenges as you mentioned. Myself and the entire staff are here to assist you and find you an immediate solution to any issue you may be experiencing. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columiba!
Central Valley, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

This is a great hotel. The facility itself is very nice and for the most part kept very clean. The real standout of the hotel is the staff. Everyone is extraordinarily nice and goes above and beyond to make sure the guests have everything they need. Lots of options for the free breakfast, theres a pool, workout room, free wifi, and in a great location. All in all, this is a great hotel!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback and I must say, we were so pleased to have you here. I am thrilled our staff was most accommodating and we alwasy strive to provide all of our guests with the most Ultimate Service we can. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia soon! Again, thank you so much for staying with us!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn for the second time now and I have to say that I feel like I've come home. Everyone is friendly and attentive to making sure I'm comfortable. The room is clean and comfortable. I'm greeted by name every time I come through the lobby. The staff is enthusiastic about making improvements and keeping the customer happy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to this area. I surely will be back!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
I was so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and it was truly our pleasure to have your here! All of us are committed to making sure we deliver the best service out there and we all so much enjoy connecting with our guests and really getting to learn what our guests preferences are. We will all look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back to Hampton Inn Columbia!
King George, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

I travel every week of the year except vaca and holidays. My rate for hotels and options are wide open with my company, so I could go to a full-service hilton or Homewood, etc. However, being here over the years, it has become home away from home. I was remembered by staff, always taken care of by front desk, maintenance and housekeeping. Breakfast has a few more items than usual and it's free, unlike the other hotels. Internet is super fast. The staff is great and have a myriad of restaurants to suggest. You know, as a traveler, you don't just want the same old thing all the time. They have a huge list of restaurants you can't find anywhere else. From a business traveler to another, Hampton will satisfy at every turn. Enjoy your travels!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a bit more room in them. Don't be afraid to get a room on the roadside, the la...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raymond H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always our pleasure to create a home away from home for business travelers. We realize that traveling isn't easy so we want all of our guests to be as comfortable as possible when they arrive at Hampton Columbia. Thank you so much for sharing and we so look forward to seeing you again soon!