“Unnerving Experience”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2017

For starters, subpar sushi. However, what truly stands out about this establishment as the most egregious testament to the underlying belief system of management and staff, is the prejudicial manner in which staff treats minorities.

I have visited this establishment on several occasions, to personally witness staff treat minority patrons with disdain, especially towards closing time. My entire family, inclusive of my African-American girlfriend and her entire family, will never patron this establishment again. I am continuing to spread the word about these perceived prejudicial actions on the part of the staff at Sushi Sono.

I encourage those who have had a similar experience to voice your thoughts on your experience as well.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank Sharp_Blazer

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Great service, we had a tatami room for five. The family loved the sushi and tempura.

BUT very expensive if you don't check carefully at the sushi and beer prices! One bottle of beer: $24!!!

The locale is nice, next to Columbia Lake.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Very limited menu, basically sushi and rolls- they were good, atmosphere was fair. Very doubtful we will be back due to limited menu no bar just wine

Reviewed June 26, 2017

We stopped here for lunch. My friend had sushi and I had a 'box' lunch. It was way more food than I expected. Food was very good and the service was excellent

Reviewed June 21, 2017

Sushi Sono had been our go to place for many years. Live away from Columbia now, but get back occasionally. Hadn't been there in 6-8 months. Went for dinner and they were not up to standard. Several menu changes - very little eel is now available, which was always a favorite. Also no yellow tail cheek, though that is not always on the menu. Service was very rushed, and the servers made several errors in the order, though it was written and reviewed with them. They also were pushing us to order more beer than we cared to drink. Sushi was only ok, the fish had little taste, almost like pre-cut. The best roll was all vegetarian. They were busy, but that's common as usually does not affect the service. Hope this was just an off night, but right now, there are better choices in the area, unlike before.

Date of visit: May 2017