“Excellent sushi and friendly, efficient service.”
Review of Sushi Sono

Sushi Sono
Ranked #6 of 282 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$19 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal, even though one of the sushi rolls was disappointing. (I wish I could remember what it was called). Most of the food was excellent, and I'd definitely eat at Sushi Sono again.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

My first time to go out for a meal in Columbia, Maryland. So having finished a business meeting around 7:00 pm, I decided that I'd check for a local restaurant featuring Sushi. Their name, Sushi Sono, let me know what would be on the menu. I found the restaurant almost at capacity, so was glad to be seated at the Sushi bar. They featured about a dozen specials which all sounded delicious, but since it was my first time there, I opted for the chef's assorted selection of Sashimi and Sushi Nigiri. It was excellent. Now I am looking forward to a return to start on the specials of the evening.

Reviewed August 17, 2017

For starters, subpar sushi. However, what truly stands out about this establishment as the most egregious testament to the underlying belief system of management and staff, is the prejudicial manner in which staff treats minorities.

I have visited this establishment on several occasions, to personally witness staff treat minority patrons with disdain, especially towards closing time. My entire family, inclusive of my African-American girlfriend and her entire family, will never patron this establishment again. I am continuing to spread the word about these perceived prejudicial actions on the part of the staff at Sushi Sono.

I encourage those who have had a similar experience to voice your thoughts on your experience as well.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Great service, we had a tatami room for five. The family loved the sushi and tempura.

BUT very expensive if you don't check carefully at the sushi and beer prices! One bottle of beer: $24!!!

The locale is nice, next to Columbia Lake.

Reviewed June 26, 2017 via mobile

Very limited menu, basically sushi and rolls- they were good, atmosphere was fair. Very doubtful we will be back due to limited menu no bar just wine