“Yummy crepes”
Review of Cafe Mezcla

Cafe Mezcla
Ranked #39 of 292 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Description: Crepes and waffles ,sandwiches Coffee and special drinks like smoothies,bubble tea Breakfast and brunch
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a late lunch here in this moderately priced cafe. This is a small place in an open air shopping mall, serving breakfast and lunch. There are many varieties of both sweet and savory crepes- the savory crepes can be obtained as sandwiches too.

Service was fast - no one else around, probably was because we were in the cafe on a rainy Thursday within an hour of closing.

Reasonable value- good quality ingredients. Around $8 or $9 for a crepe .

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 13, 2018

This is a quaint, small place. But the crepe that I had was well-filled, tender, and tasty. I got the combo, with just a small salad. But the salad was very fresh and made of a nice variety of greens, with no iceberg lettuce.
The eating area was clean, and the help was very courteous.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank DW75NW
Reviewed March 7, 2018

We arrived about 1:00 PM. Simple strip mall location. Very courteous staff.

I had read some nice things about this cafe and thought it would be a good place to try out. It appeared to have a different vibe about the food.

My friend ordered a Freddie G. (I have no idea what that means) It was a sandwich with Apple, ham, brie, honey Dijon mustard and honey. She seems to like it, but wasn't overly enthusiastic. I thought it was ok.

I had a Tuscany Crepe. I saw that the crepes were a brownish color and I believe they were made with an unbleached flour. It contained Mozzarella, organic spinach, mushrooms, tomato, onion, pesto, and aioli. When served warm it was delightful, but after it cooled not so much so.

I tried a bottled juice drink which I don't recommend.

For a light lunch it is a good place to go, nice but not exciting.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed July 20, 2017

My wife has always wanted to try this restaurant and today she got her chance. She ordered a Lemon Blue Crepe which had the perfect crunch with lemon curd and blueberry sauce.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank LordThomMohr
Reviewed July 10, 2017

I had the Mr. D crepe which was delicious, and my husband ordered the Crème brulee pancake. He loved it so much he went back for the tiramisu waffle to try as well. There is not a lot of seating inside, but that wouldn't deter me from coming back. The staff is super friendly, and the place is very clean. After patrons would leave, someone would always come out and wipe the tables down and clean up. I definitely will come back again.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank AngelaF440

Been to Cafe Mezcla? Share your experiences!