All reviews stanford grill free dessert front desk guest rooms minute drive business travel fitness center would stay here again rooms are clean hotel staff king bed bistro lobby tv gps hairdryer md
Reviewed February 22, 2018

Ki Shin, the event specialist at this Courtyard, went over and above to make sure we were taken care of for our seminar today. Over the past week the attendees list went increased by 30%. Ki did everything he could to rearrange the set up and make sure we were happy and as comfortable as possible. Wish we had Ki at every location. So impressed with his passion for making our event the best it could be.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2018

Stayed here for about a week while attending a training for work. Brittany at the front desk always greeted me with smile and was helpful throughout my stay. The rest of the front desk staff was friendly too but she stood out.

The room itself was nice and I had one with a balcony which was unexpected. Didn't help me much in January but a nice touch. Room was comfortable but a bit cramped. I had a king bed which was comfortable. The rest of the room was laid out funny. There was a large half circle loveseat thing with an ottoman that took up one side of the room and the desk and an armoire on the other side. The loveseat was comfortable but very large for the room size. The armoire was positioned that the TV was at least partially blocked when viewing from the bed. You could slide the TV out a bit but it still was awkward. Overall I was fine since I didn't use the TV much and it was only me, but I can see it being cramped with more than 1 person.

Location is great. Stanford Grill is right next door, which was a bit on the high end but good. If you mention you're staying at the Courtyard, you get a free dessert. Any type of cuisine at just about any price point is no more than a 5-10 minute drive away.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and I definitely recommend this Courtyard to business travelers in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard. Rooms on the northwest side face Haverty's. There were loading and unloading noise at various night hours.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very close to Columbia Md. Very clean with several large malls and shopping near by. Hotel is clean and quite with very friendly staff. Good food options close to hotel.

There is a small exercise room which is my only criticism it is really small.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2017

The staff was very friendly. I received a letter before arrival to help coordinate my experience. I got a hand written card on arrival and a welcome gift. I had to leave suddenly due to a medical emergency but they were so friendly and willing to send me my invoice via email. I would highly recommend this property

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2017

We stayed at the Courtyard Columbia for back to back weddings we attended in early October. The first was in baltimore and the second (the following day) was in Savage. The hotel was perfectly located,which allowed us to sleep in after wedding #1 before heading to wedding#2. we had a corner room and were able to park our car right outside, which was very convenient. Staff was awesome. Hotel was very clean with some modern touches. Comfortable beds. The only issue was a little noise from some guests who allowed their kids to run the hallway a bit too early in the morning, but, otherwise, we'd definitely stay again. An added plus: the Stanford Grill next door. Awesome food!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple